MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and about to buy my first MV Agusta, therefore I wanted to check your opinion on this bike. It is supposed to be year 2008 1078 RR 312, can you confirm it is original as I cannot find any similar bike online? It says 'Edizione Finale' on the mirrors, I assume it is some limited edition but what exactly? The bike is in Spain.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hi mate. It's an 1078 but with replacement carbon body parts, and the paint job is not standard on body and wheels. Exhaust and everything else looks standard.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
There was an Edizione Finale of 30 F4 1078 RR312 bikes, and all were for the Japanese market as the final send-off for the Gen1 F4.

image.jpg

That said, yours is not one of them. They had a red frame, saddle tan quilted leather seat, and specific markings on the tail and mirrors. Each was red/silver with silver Brembo Superlight wheels and a plaque on the top triple. They had plastic bodywork.

I prefer the one in your pic. It appears to have full carbon bodywork, with graphics in carbon relief through the red paint. I'd buy it if the price is decent. But it's not an Edizione Finale, and it's not a factory stock bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
That's right, and they did not look like the one in the OP's picture.
Hey Blake, do you know you can have more than one picture per post, instead of doing each one individually?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
That's right, and they did not look like the one in the OP's picture.
Hey Blake, do you know you can have more than one picture per post, instead of doing each one individually?
I've tried innumberable times, and it always replaces my last attached picture with the next one I add.

It's probably operator error.

·
Super Moderator
22,344 Posts
Here you go Blake:

Posting Pictures to a Thread on MV Agusta.net
1. Poke the “Go Advanced” button at the bottom of the “Quick Reply” window.
2. Scroll down to “Additional Options” and poke the “Manage Attachments” button.
3. Expand that window and note the “File Type” and “Max File Size” limitations.
4. Two choices are available: “Upload File From Your Computer” or “Upload File From a URL”.
5. Paste your desired URL into the appropriate window and poke the UPLOAD button, OR…
6. Poke the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for your file/doc/picture and select what you want to upload. (You can do this multiple times, one for each CHOOSE FILE button).
7. When images have been “chosen”, or a URL has been added, poke the UPLOAD button to the right of the appropriate window.
8. If the file is of an inappropriate type, or size, you will get a warning at the top of the “Manage Attachments” window and the image will not upload. Fix the error and go through the process again.
9. If the image uploads correctly, the file extensions will disappear from the “Manage Attachments” window. You can now close the “Manage Attachments” window.
10. You will now see, in the “Attach Files” section of the “Additional Options” window, the files that can be attached.
11. Scroll back up to the message body window of the “Reply to Thread” section and you will see an “Attachments” drop down button.
12. Place your cursor where you want the image to be within your message.
13. Poke the drop down for “Attachments”, highlight the attachment you want and click on it. The attachment designator will appear in you message.
14. Repeat for all attachments you want.
15. You can, then, either PREVIEW POST or SUBMIT and you should see your images in the post.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Here you go Blake:

Posting Pictures to a Thread on MV Agusta.net
1. Poke the “Go Advanced” button at the bottom of the “Quick Reply” window.
2. Scroll down to “Additional Options” and poke the “Manage Attachments” button.
3. Expand that window and note the “File Type” and “Max File Size” limitations.
4. Two choices are available: “Upload File From Your Computer” or “Upload File From a URL”.
5. Paste your desired URL into the appropriate window and poke the UPLOAD button, OR…
6. Poke the CHOOSE FILE button and browse for your file/doc/picture and select what you want to upload. (You can do this multiple times, one for each CHOOSE FILE button).
7. When images have been “chosen”, or a URL has been added, poke the UPLOAD button to the right of the appropriate window.
8. If the file is of an inappropriate type, or size, you will get a warning at the top of the “Manage Attachments” window and the image will not upload. Fix the error and go through the process again.
9. If the image uploads correctly, the file extensions will disappear from the “Manage Attachments” window. You can now close the “Manage Attachments” window.
10. You will now see, in the “Attach Files” section of the “Additional Options” window, the files that can be attached.
11. Scroll back up to the message body window of the “Reply to Thread” section and you will see an “Attachments” drop down button.
12. Place your cursor where you want the image to be within your message.
13. Poke the drop down for “Attachments”, highlight the attachment you want and click on it. The attachment designator will appear in you message.
14. Repeat for all attachments you want.
15. You can, then, either PREVIEW POST or SUBMIT and you should see your images in the post.

This is exactly the process I've attempted many times. After step 7, only one of the five chosen photos appears below the URL load window. It indicates Current Attachments, and only shows the last image selected. And if i then attempt to do a singular process repeatedly for the same post, it replaces each preceding picture with the succeeding picture.

I've presumed it's an iPad thing, since I keep all my photos in albums there rather than on my computers.

·
Registered
975 Posts
No i had the same problem Blake , so i tried resizing the pictures and then , it works well :):)

For this 1078 , it's not an official limited edition, it's a bike made by a dealer or a customer directly . I never saw it before and sincerely , i like it !! ( just changing the wheels for the legend ;))

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for quick replies! I have attached few more photos, please let me know if you have any more comments about the parts used compared to originals etc, about color etc. I have only seen photos so far, will go and test drive the bike next week.

The bike looks pretty sweet on the photos, it is just a little bit concerning when the seller (it is in a bike shop) claims it to be original and it is not.. Probably he does not know either..

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Thank you for quick replies! I have attached few more photos, please let me know if you have any more comments about the parts used compared to originals etc, about color etc. I have only seen photos so far, will go and test drive the bike next week.

The bike looks pretty sweet on the photos, it is just a little bit concerning when the seller (it is in a bike shop) claims it to be original and it is not.. Probably he does not know either..
I can't say whether the dealer is ignorant or lying, but it's not a special or limited edition from the factory.

If it's a good price and you like it, it looks to have a boatload of carbon, including all bodywork. But it's not a stand-alone model in a series. It's a standard 1078 RR312 with many parts added.

The wheels aren't magnesium, so I hope they're not being misrepresented as such.

Caveat emptor, but I'd buy it for decent money if it were me.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
It's not an official limited edition, but for sure an limited edition in a customed way. I like it except the color of the wheels. I even have been thinking doing something similar, but decided to stay with standard design.

And about the pictures posting; I have the exact same thing when on the ipad. On every other device I can do multiple pics in a post.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
And about the pictures posting; I have the exact same thing when on the ipad. On every other device I can do multiple pics in a post.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Erik. I was beginning to doubt my sanity for a bit. I've tried every possible combo of ways to get multiple pics in a single post with my iPad. It keeps changing the attachment numbers to that of the latest image.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Erik. I was beginning to doubt my sanity for a bit. I've tried every possible combo of ways to get multiple pics in a single post with my iPad. It keeps changing the attachment numbers to that of the latest image.
Exactly! Very annoying!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for all the info and comments. The seller still claims it to be a factory made special edition (one of the last designs from Massimo Tamburini) and that only 2 of these were sold in Spain.

I will go and check the bike next week and then we will see if I become a happy MV Agusta owner! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts