MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking mine is plugged or broken. I downloaded a parts manual but cant seem to find it to test.
Anybody have a picture or exact location/test procedures?

My tank wont vent and after riding the tank has very high vacuum in it.
I used high pressure air in the rear most hole with the black seal that mates up to the gas cap and air passed through, albeit not easily. I also pushed air backwards through the little hole in the cap and it blew out the seal in the cap!
Cap blockage? Or just too much pressure in the hose!

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Maybe too much air pressure. What was line psi? 90~120? tank vent should pass air blown from your mouth easily....maybe 5 psi? It doesn't have to flow a lot of air.

There is a fuel separator labyrinth in the cap, the seal mates the cap to the internal hose in the tank that goes to your evap can.

Do a search on eliminating the evap system (your bike has same system as mine did). Pretty simple job, will provide a little bit more gas capacity in the tank, remove a little bit of weight, and eliminate a potential problem (overfilled tank resulting in contaminated canister).

DO NOT buy the TPO evap emissions system eliminator kit on eBay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep! Line pressure was 110 but I only gave the little black seal on the tank a short little blast. Tiny blast popped the seal on the cap though!
I'll look for the evap removal thread!

edit: found it! evap canister removal

Guess I need to order a new pump O ring and some vac caps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts