MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys-
I have settled on CRG arrow mirrors. I am looking for a bar end solution that will be able to house the mirrors. I have seen the Motovation option but they seem a bit bulky.

Any other options out there that would work for the 1078?

this is the only other option I have seen ( I contacted the member).

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150626

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe have a look in the Customising section, lot's of guys doing this mod on their bikes in there.
I did some research on the forum and google and Motovation bar ends and Oberon with integrated signals were the few set ups I was able to find.

I may try to just order CRG adaptors and see how they look.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry ... bike went in for service and I forgot to take photos. It does however look like barend adapters (likely CRG) are what the previous owner used.. They look the same as my CRG lanesplitters adapters which are on my Monster

·
Registered
925 Posts
I tried the bar end mirrors and found them difficult to use, I felt you needed to move my head too much and detracted from my front vision a little. I found some aftermarket mirrors similar to the originals but longer that work a treat, just a little mod to the original mounts, easily reversible. Were cheap too.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,481 Posts
Couldn't help myself....

minions-character-02.jpg

·
Registered
925 Posts
that's uncanny lol, perhaps I need it painted in yellow and blue lol

·
Super Moderator
21,481 Posts
I was going to suggest that, but wasn't sure if you would be offended.
It's a little unsettling as it was the first association I made.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Your not the first SS and sure not the last and never offended my friend, I have other headlight options I will be trying over the winter months, cant seem to find what I really want at the moment and had these 'in stock'.
One thing is for sure they look 100% better in the flesh than that damn ugly original headlight (personal opinion of course, and we all know that opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one and they are all different). Saying that I know I make less friends around here by changing it lol.
Have a good one.
Chris

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Your not the first SS and sure not the last and never offended my friend, I have other headlight options I will be trying over the winter months, cant seem to find what I really want at the moment and had these 'in stock'.
One thing is for sure they look 100% better in the flesh than that damn ugly original headlight (personal opinion of course, and we all know that opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one and they are all different). Saying that I know I make less friends around here by changing it lol.
Have a good one.
Chris
I love my Minions - King Bob

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,481 Posts
HI Chris, It's your bike, do with it as you will. I change things all the time and only do it for me. If others like it, fine. If they don't, fine.

It's like your mirror preference. I have bar ends on my Monster S4Rs and love them.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Latest addition

Liesl got me this little bugger today. Love the way he stands in a tyre get to the Scotch Chuck :yo:

Thinking outside the box is good Chris, just not stepping over the cliff edge.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,481 Posts
Awsome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, bar ends from Motovation came in and I was able to install the CRG arrow mirrors. Took a short ride yesterday and I have to say that I love them already. Nice clean look and great rear view. Highly recommended.

Instead of a pic I took a short video of the beast.

https://youtu.be/55Ckn0b9UfU

1 - 20 of 21 Posts