MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well has its my 1000th post i thought i would save it for a good subject. i went to cadwell park last monday for my 1st trackday of the year, during the winter i had sold my very trusty suzuki gsxr 600 k1 and bought a ex triumph triple 675 challenge race bike. now you know what its like when you buy a different bike, you wonder if youve done the right thing,especially being an ex race bike because most of them have been abused etc. well i had a pretty sleepless night before the big day wondering if it would blow up , or something would fall off including me, or it would break down , or just wondering if you can even ride has quick has you did last year ! i neednt have worried , the bike was bloody fantastic!! its only a standard engine but has the suspension altered, has kais front internals and wp rear shock, slipper clutch(never used one before ) and gpr steering damper,race end can and thats it.hasnt even got a power commander or race filter.1st session i decide to wait at the back of the group and lt everyone get away , there was 3 sighting laps and i used these to check brakes acceleration handling etc and of course to warm tyres(no trye warmers) after the 3 laps i upped the pace and was well happy, it stayed dry all day but was very windy and anyone whose done cadwell knows about it whipping the front end away around charlies. we had 6x 25 min sessions and i have to say i got quicker every time out.but to put an end to a glorious day i was walking through the paddock when i saw a new 1078 mv 1000, so obviously intrigued i went to have a look. the bike was gorgeous and hanging off the mirror was a phil read rep helmet, it was then i noticed a lot of camera lights and a photographer taking pics.then i saw a bloke who looked very familiar to me, it was none other than racing legend phil read!! so i asked to have a photo taken with him and the bike and he said he was going out in the evening session on the 1078. i chatted with him for 10 mins and it finished my perfect day off. phil was there because bike magazine were doing an article on him and it will be featured very soon so keep alook out for it in the next couple of months.:f4: see pics in my files has they are too big to appear here

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
yeeha!

now you are: :king:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, tell me about tokyo, how long you been there and whereabouts do you live? i ask because i have frie
nd who lives there

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Tokyo rocks. Great place for riding (aside from strict speeding penalties). Overspending public works means great roads, lots of skylines, which are basically on the mountain ridges.

In Setagaya-ku, couple km from Shibuya. Built a house here, so hopefully here for a while.

who do you know here?

I'm in the UK next week for two weeks.... I see you are near-ish to Manchester. 1st week in london, 2nd week I'll be hitting the Lake district and spending a night in Manchester. Would be cool if you are around.... will be in a car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
"see pics in my files has they are too big to appear here"

Try the free jpeg optimizer software at www.xat.com to compress your pice when needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts