MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I'm looking to buy a MV Agusta F4.
I can't fully decide on which model to get though so looking for advice from you all. As the title states it's about the 1000S and 1078 312RR.

I'm leaning towards 1078 becuse of the engine and becuse I like the overall updates from the 1000S. But the thing is I really love the look and design of the 1000S. It's much more clean looking compared to the "new" type of stickers and logo on 1078.

What do you think? Which bike is the one to buy?

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
Are you riding the stickers?:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
The design is much improved on the 1078...The graphics are what they are.
The F4 1078 312RR is a much improved bike over the standard 1000R or S.
All you have to do is source a set of plastics that match your graphics desire and mount them in place of the stock 1078 plastics......KEEP THE ORIGINALS THOUGH.
Think resale value.

Reactions: Emham

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, so it's bolt on with the old plastics. That basicly seals the choice for me. Thank you for your inputs, much appreciated 👍

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
All the first Generation F4 Plastics are interchangeable. (1999-2009)
Most of the parts, too.

·
Administrator
20,033 Posts
Welcome to the family @Emham !! Please introduce yourself with a post in the "New Members" section.
Chuck has given you the best advice......let us know how you get on.
And add your location on the planet to your profile information please.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Have you ridden both?

·
Vendor
5,361 Posts
Yes,you have to ride both and buy what suits your fancy.
Both great bikes I must say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks @esq'z me ! I'll make sure to do that.

@MV Arthur and @mitchy: No I have not. There is not so many F4:s in Sweden. For example there is only one F4 up for sale at this moment so they are somewhat rare and thus not so easy to find a test ride I'm afraid. This got me to ask you all about advice here.

I have tried to read and watch basically every review there is on the first gen F4 to get some sort of information on how it rides. I also own another Tamburini bike today, a 748SP and I enjoy it alot. What I understand is that seating position is somewhat similar on that part. In the end I'm pretty confident I would enjoy the F4.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Buy the 312, just for the engine management alone.

The 1000S needs more sorting, alltough the 312 is far from perfect but still miles ahead the older bike.

Yes, i have ridden them both.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Raw power and braking are vastly superior on the 312RR, and immediately noticeable when you switch bikes. I also like the traditional 750 silver/red scheme the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 1078 312RR. My previous bike was a Ducati 999s. Main difference for me is the MV is a lot heavier, which I don't mind, but has a crazy amount of power compared to the Duke. The braking is also more powerful. Try to ride a 312RR first if you can. You may not like it compared to the 748SP, or like me, you'll love it.

·
Super Moderator
22,450 Posts
The 999S claimed dry weight is 410 pounds and the MV 312RR is 423.
The MV carries its weight higher....higher COG

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
I track a 916 and commute with an F4. Very different handling characteristics. The F4 requires more work to get around than the 916.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea that's what I've read too from all the reviews comparing it to the older 1000S and 1000R. Interesting point comparing it to a 999S aswell 👍 I'm for sure more interested in the 1078 after your comments just have to look past those graphics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@MV Arthur Now that's a comparison I really like since that's almost the same bike that I ride. I thought my bike was more to the hard side to get it to turn but the MV is harder you say. I don't really mind that but good to know.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
My 916 is so effortless around the turns that I forgive it's lack of top speed on the straights. It literally turns as soon as I think about it. I bought it about a decade ago from a racer about the same height/weight as I. The only other bike I've felt as comfortable on was my 749S. Have you set up your 748 suspension-wise?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts