MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with the owners manual give me the setting for the stock suspension setting for th 1000s, ie the front and rear spring preload, rebound, and compression damping.

Mine didn't come with the owners manual and the bike has been lowered to the max. Feels like riding a mini bike instead.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
minime said:
Can someone with the owners manual give me the setting for the stock suspension setting for th 1000s, ie the front and rear spring preload, rebound, and compression damping.

Mine didn't come with the owners manual and the bike has been lowered to the max. Feels like riding a mini bike instead.
If you want i can send you the owners manual of the F1000S in pdf by email, if your email supports it. The file is about 7 megas.
And you want the one for the F41000 or the 750?

Pm me your email and i'll send it to you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi minime,

Congrats on your purchase, well done. I have 3 pages re suspension settings I can send to you by email or copy them and send them to you. PM me if you want them.

Regards,
MarkM

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the offer Mark but I've got the user manual from MV-999R. I cannot really comment of how the bike handle at this stage as the rear suspension adjuster was wound back to the lowest setting and set to super hard on the front. I manage to bounce the front a full 15-20mm (I use a cable tie on the forks)!!!

The previous person must have been really short (please no offence to short people - I am only 168cm tall) and at this ride height it was hard to turn (required lots of countersteering) and bloody dangerous. Felt like I was riding a chopper as the front was higher than the rear.

The foot pegs and gear lever were set too close so I had to adjust them on the side of the road.

I have to reprogram my brain as the 1000 build up speed much quicker than the 750 but at a much lower rev range. I love the feel of the back torque (slipper thingy) as it reminds of my old school 2-stroke bikes.

I'll pickup some engine ice and Motul this afternoon. The 1000 runs bloody hot in traffic. I constantly see 110 degrees when idling in peak hour fark!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
That sounds like how mine felt like. I think my dealer set it up that way because I'm short and asked them to help get my feet on the ground. But like you said, it doesn't feel good. If you need just the suspension setup page, let me know and I can scan and post it here.

Oh! If I can ask here, what size screw driver are you guys using to adjust the rear compression? I'm having a hard time finding one small and long enough.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi Minime. I just measured the lenth of the turnbuckle on mine (you know I am also a shorty) and from centre of allen bolt to the centre of the other allen bolt is 52mm.

If you have a look at the latest Australian Motorcycle news there is a test on the F4 there with suggested settings, and they are pretty good.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MVASyd, I'll pop over to the newstand this afternoon and get a copy.

MVASyd said:
Hi Minime. I just measured the lenth of the turnbuckle on mine (you know I am also a shorty) and from centre of allen bolt to the centre of the other allen bolt is 52mm.

If you have a look at the latest Australian Motorcycle news there is a test on the F4 there with suggested settings, and they are pretty good.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi minime,
Congrats on the new bike. If you want to try out your new suspention settings, I
was going for a short run thru national pk on Sunday morning, just down to Bald hill and back, weather permitting. If you or any of the guys want to come let me know and we'll set up meeting point. The more the merrier!!

Cheers
john34

·
Registered
367 Posts
minime said:
I'll pickup some engine ice and Motul this afternoon. The 1000 runs bloody hot in traffic. I constantly see 110 degrees when idling in peak hour fark!!
Told you :), If it gets too hot I switch it off. But I usually do it earlier as I wouldn't like to turn it off at say 115 if I could help it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts