MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,not currently an MV owner (Suzuki B king great bike,will keep even if buy the rs) .Hoping that the RS will solve the comfort issues of the RR .(this is based on all have read/watched,not personal experience.The other main concern as I understand is the engine characteristics,Sounds like a supersport 600 in nature (love the MV hate 600's .Thoughts?

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! I have to agree that the B-King is a great bike. Even looks pretty good with a Yoshimura exhaust to replace the huge original cans.
I think you will find the newer MV Agusta Brutale models will knock the socks of your old naked Hayabusa.
Where are you within the UK ??

Reactions: shaunpalmer65

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the family !!! I have to agree that the B-King is a great bike. Even looks pretty good with a Yoshimura exhaust to replace the huge original cans.
I think you will find the newer MV Agusta Brutale models will knock the socks of your old naked Hayabusa.
Where are you within the UK ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,have the twin Tri oval carbon under seatYoshi's,with the expensive but worth it Yoshi tail tidy.Am in Bedford Bedfordshire

·
Registered
128 Posts
As a former Hayabusa Gen2 and F4 owner knowing both engines, I can only express a word of caution. With the 1000cc engine of MV Agusta, you should not worry about sound, they have a completely different sound than a Japanese inline4. But its character is indeed a Supersports engine with just far more top power than a 600. Down low and midrange there is not much with a MV 4cylinder.

Compared to a B-King even a Streetfighter V4 or a Tuono might feel a bit thin in the lower midrange, but these two are still in another league in that regard than the Brutale. And Euro5 has not helped either. The Brutale engine is fun in full attack mode where torque is secondary, but in „normal life“ it has its downsides.

So do get your test ride before buying just based on looks. Maybe you will still like it.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
I think the difference in weight from the Suzuki B-King to the MV Brutale will make up for some of the loss in torque.... my 910R, older design and not as powerful as the new 1000's, has a wonderful torque curve and is a blast to ride even when not in the higher rpm range.
The Suzuki 1300 cc engine is a locomotive pulling hard from idle on...a magnificent engine, but the package is heavy.

Reactions: shaunpalmer65

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for your feedback,from everything have researched,you have confirmed what I thought,Will have a test ride.Have never liked 600s when ridden.I always feel that they seem fast enough but gutless at the same time.
With 108 ft/lbs Torque B king still has biggest Torque figure of any naked.
Also with mild Tuning I have 190 bhp.
RS 1000 with a Bking engine is what I need.
While researching the RS on you tube there was a group test of nakeds ,all put on the Dyno the Brutale 1000rr only made 160 bhp at the wheel,would have expected ,180/190 given claimed 208 bhp at crank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It seems that the f4 engine in the new Brutales have been engineered for max bhp at the expense of low/mid power.essentially same engine as your 910 that sounds like it has more bottom/mid because huge bhp figures not chased

1 - 8 of 8 Posts