MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
man that was great. i wonder if the R/Senna had the TSS system of the tamburini, would it make more power/torque? i think they are selling it as a retro fit for a bamillion dollars. :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
style_one said:
man that was great. i wonder if the R/Senna had the TSS system of the tamburini, would it make more power/torque? i think they are selling it as a retro fit for a bamillion dollars. :D
I would imagine it would, the length of the inlet "stacks" or "venturi's" alter the power characteristics of the engine, long one's give more mid range and shorter ones give more top end power, so with the Tamburini they have tried to get the best of both worlds, they also altered the inlet stack length between 2000 bikes and the Evo 3 (maybe evo 2?) bikes, making it a couple of mm shorter, this is partly responsible for the evo's higher output.
they would also give more power with the injectors actually in the air box,
First pic is the Tamburini, Second is WSB?.... with the second one you can see there are no stacks to speak of, just "short" for top end hp and the airbox injector, I saw a video once of inside an F1 cars airbox, when it was flat out it was just a very dense fuel fog in there, the instant he lifted it all cleared, wouldn't have liked a backfire though :jsm:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts