MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to make all things fair im stating ,i do live in souyh florida an today had rain clouds dropping rain everywhere so the amount of water vapor the R was getting in was really high ..bbuuuttt .. today the R 's throttle responce comming off idle or when u held it at a rpm for a bit crusing along an u went to open it up , she would stumble an surge to catch up . not fun . she was a very pissy girl today . most roads had wet spots still so u never really know how much gas u were gonna get , so throttle control became a choir . the R's throttle responce with stock pipes an black box can easily be desrcibed as unforgiving , which most of the time is kinda fun , the bike just lightsup but this was almost un rideable .

·
Registered
14 Posts
My opinion has always been my F4S needs a PC 3 and a really good tuner to put it on a dyno but i have no idea if anyone around here has the ability to do it, and I have two problems with Ducati Miami, $110/hour and questionable techs. If you find somebody around here that can tune these things let me know, I work on PGA. In the meantime the F4 is for sale if you know anyone interested, great bike, perfect condition, just don't feel I should complete the engineering (fueling) MV didn't finish.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scarabsport said:
My opinion has always been my F4S needs a PC 3 and a really good tuner to put it on a dyno but i have no idea if anyone around here has the ability to do it, and I have two problems with Ducati Miami, $110/hour and questionable techs. If you find somebody around here that can tune these things let me know, I work on PGA. In the meantime the F4 is for sale if you know anyone interested, great bike, perfect condition, just don't feel I should complete the engineering (fueling) MV didn't finish.
do i know u Scarb sport . i live in pga national in pbg ? alot of the guys i talked too say that miami's shop people are very weak i have a buisness card of a guy in ft lauderdale shops called moto corse i think he came recommened by people i trust . when i find the card ill post his number . i figured this can be tuned out of th R thats why i havnt put a forsale sign on it yet but it was pretty rough today . i dont wanna come off that i think im a star rider but that bike would of not been safe in the wrong persons hands .

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
1000R in wet weather is horrible when stock

The 1000R, we already know its doesnt have a smooth rev range and plus a kick in the nuts at 5000rpm Worse in wet cause the stock tires useless in wet.

i have done many mods to mine but the couple that make the big diffrence was fitting a PC III, with the proper fix to the mapping, and also have a full TI exhaust system. The bike is running so so much smoother now in wet also. But i,ll need to change the tires, its a must do if your riding in damp or wet weather. :freezing:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im cool with the tires if u get some heat in um them stick , shit ive been cleaning my bike left my hand on the tire for a few minutes an spun the wheel to clean the rim , an u can feel the warm spot in the tires where my hand was,.no they arent cut welll for the wet but they are cool . its warmer down here then where u are at so that makes that difference up . but the humidity never drops below 50 percent down here so the set up is very tough for south florida ingnition wise . i understand any mods can be done to tune anything out of a motor, but look at scarbsports post hes sounds upset he has to tune his bike , not cool for us down here , my real point is more towards people who post they are looking to buy a 1000r . they should be aware of this issue an be honest with themselfs in thier riding ability , if ur a lower skilled or begging skilled rider this bike is not for u . if u dont want to spend another 4 grand tuneing a 25 grnd bike for ur area dont buy this bike . its has little to do with me an nothimg to do with how it can be fixed its just about info

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Tuning is not an issue related to the bike manufacturers ability to engineer anything. Most of the low or part throttle fueling issues with any bike stem from the EPA and european emmisions standards. Manufacturers deliver them with lean mapping to ensure they pass the hydrocarbon emmisions requirements which leave the bikes touchy or sensitive to throttle openings. As you stated there is high humidity where you are at which only accentuates the problem. The fix is simple enough, richen the fuel at low throttle openings, but not really something the manufacturer can do unless you want to decrease the performance somewhere else in the powerband. A powercomander will cost you about $300 bucks. You can tweak the map yourself for free (if you know what you are doing), or you can spend a couple hundred having the bike custom mapped. It won't cost $4 grand to fix a simple fuelling issue. The other simple fix is to regear to a lower gear so that you use 2nd gear instead of first in slow tight situations.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
HHHHHMMMM... I just got my S back from a tuning with the dealer. He just invested in some special diagnostic gear from MV direct and can now tune the bikes as per factory specs. He was saying to me how wonderful the R is beacause it has a totally new ECU etc and can be fully tuned and programmable.
I thought about trading up, but the S is fine.
I find mine can get a bit of hunting at around 3 grand, but keep it around 4 and everything is perfect. It does have a RG3 piPe and link pipe and corse chip, and I think it is perfect. It is a bit angrier than standard but I like it.
I will not be putting a powercomander on.
I agree they are not for inexperienced riders for sure, but to say they have a major problem is just not right.
Also the EBS (Electronic Braking System) takes some getting used to. I am now fine with it, and think my bike is fantastic.

·
2,154 Posts
Gents,
I am allways amazed and amused by the various posts relating to customers who have purchased either the original 750 or the 1000 in its various incarnations and complain about indifferent fuelling (and worse, in some instances except it as a allowable weekness) The reality is, if you have picked up your pride and joy and are not happy with the fuelling then take the bike BACK :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: and do not except it untill it is resolved; it is not rocket science and if the dealer is reputable (and given they are agents for MV you would have to assume so) they should have the diagnostic equipement and technical expertise to ensure smooth throttle response at all RPM and throttle openings and more importantly, leave no stone unturned until they have achieved this :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
JSM said:
Gents,
if the dealer is reputable (and given they are agents for MV you would have to assume so) they should have the diagnostic equipement and technical expertise to ensure smooth throttle response at all RPM and throttle openings and more importantly, leave no stone unturned until they have achieved this :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:
You would assume considering they are selling one of the most expensive sportbikes in the world but I did this with my dealer and no joy...not only no joy, no diagnostic (VDSTS) no gas analyzer, not even a torque wrench for the rear wheel nut....oh and they're the only MV dealer in the state.

·
Registered
14 Posts
JSM, I am glad I amuse you. I took the F4 back to the dealer , they charged me $600 for an oil change, wasted my whole day waiting for the bike, and announced the fueling is just something that is typical with MVs. I don't think they have the ability to tune the bike. My ' 05 R1 is so smooth compared to the MV there is no comparison.
The MV just got ridden for the first time since March. That says it all. The only reason it is still here is it is gorgeous and sexy and I haven't been able to sell it without taking a $10,000 loss. I shall be buying an '07 R1 for sure now that it has a proper slipper clutch.

LOGOS, I don't think we've met unless you do track days at Moroso, Homestead, Daytona or Jennings? But I would be interested if you find the name of the guy in Ft. Lauderdale. It looks like I'll be keeping the F4S which with a normal slipper clutch, a PC3, new exhaust system and custom tune could be about the perfect bike, which I agree is about $4,000. Let me know if you want to do coffee sometime at Whole Foods at Downtown/Gardens.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude u have no idea how hot an humid it is down here . there are times that the people sitting in hells waiting room are looking up at us going god it looks hot in south florida . to buy a bike like this is a massive personal choice , an no its not right that the bike isnt right out of the gate anyone who says it is ok is fooling themselfs . fixing the bike isnt my issue again , i want to state clearly this thing isnt right , an i would of still bought it if i got the warning, i just want to give people the warning .

Scarb ..ill drop u a email when i get a few minutes of free time an well met at whole foods . till then if ur ever riding on a sunday we usually go to the shell gas station just before moroso off of beline around 9am . a good morning there will pull most of the ducatis in the area there an a friend of mine has a Ago he brings up from boyton . did jennings last yr with a 03 r1 , but have no track bike right now , been to buzy . be safe , im still looking for that card Im pretty sure its Called Moto Corse if u wanna try an hunt him down

·
2,154 Posts
Scarabsport said:
JSM, I am glad I amuse you.

S,
unfortunately i am not amused :jsm: :mad: :lightning I have heard similar storys such as yours and find it incredibly frustrating that you are now not going to have arguably one of the finest experiences in motorcycling and that is to ride a properly sorted (we are only talking fuelling here) MV Agusta F4; it is given regards looks, handling, front end feel and feedback, brakes etc and to think that due to a lack of what appears to be dealer technical expertise you afre going to miss out :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :jsm:
BTW, not all new Japanese litre bikes are devoid of there own fuelling problems :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Yes I do, I live here :) When people complained about the cold weather I was gonna break their necks, I should move to greenland or somewhere :freezing:
what the hell is every one on this forum from florida ?? i dont bumb into anyone whos even know what a mv is through my day but i come on this site an every one is from florida . what the hell . its like retarded instant messaging . i could be outside talking to my neighbor , but i sit in my house an IM him .. what the hell

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
dude 80 degrees south of port saint lucie florida is pure humidity trust me ive held this topic along time . moving to florida for nice weather is another scam . u really get 2 maybee 3 months of good weather here . the same as when i lived in upstate ny . it is so hot u dont go outside , u cant , ull die , then ur body has to get use to the heat so guesse what , if ur of a healthy body fat percentage , anything below 60 degrees u freeze .i wear layers at 50 dregrees . an the goverment of this state is a bunch of crooks most of the people are wacked out of their minds here . an the ones that are sane are soooooo withdrawn , they moved here to getaway from social stuctures up north , they are loners in life an have no clue what being a friend is . i have no clue who my neighbors are an the hole lower half of the state is this way. just as a sub note i moved here for the race tracks i like people . theres also a massive division of wealth, so u take a turn on the wrong road an the whole streets net income is lower then ur bikes value , thats always fun . trust me its a scam im shopping about 100 acres in the foot hills of the carolinas as we speak . oh by the way i got caught out in the rain on the mv today it took me 2 hours to get the sand out of it , no im not riding on the beach i rode beeline hwy no where near the beach . THERE IS SAND EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
JSM said:
Gents,
I am allways amazed and amused by the various posts relating to customers who have purchased either the original 750 or the 1000 in its various incarnations and complain about indifferent fuelling (and worse, in some instances except it as a allowable weekness) The reality is, if you have picked up your pride and joy and are not happy with the fuelling then take the bike BACK :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: and do not except it untill it is resolved; it is not rocket science and if the dealer is reputable (and given they are agents for MV you would have to assume so) they should have the diagnostic equipement and technical expertise to ensure smooth throttle response at all RPM and throttle openings and more importantly, leave no stone unturned until they have achieved this :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:
I agre with both Greg and JSM. My S model is completely stock in terms of engine performance and now runs absultely perfect. Rev's all day, with no flat spots to be found anywere and I'm mean any were. But like JSM states you have to make sure your dealer does the right thing and takes care of any tunning issues right from the onset. I had a lot of the same/ similar issues stated, with my bike when I first got it. All were corrected by the dealer, after a good bit of pushing and leg work on my end. :stickpoke :blah: :jerkoff: :banghead: :cross: :cussing: :nutkick: :humpother :moped: :friday: :hitit:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts