MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, there are enough MANUAL threads. But I wanted one which is specific to the new bikes since they are diffferent.

Anyway, getting to the point. I ordered the workshop manuals for the 1000R engine. I was assured there was no problem and they would be sent from Italy. Well, what I received is the Chasis Workshop Manual (Engine hasn't arrived yet) for everything but the 1000R or Senna! The manual is the same as the latest one floating around in PDF form. It covers 1000S - S 1+1, Ago, Tamburini ... but not the 1000R/Senna.

A call was made by the shop to Cagiva USA. The response was that the manual I received is the main manual, and most of it is correct. For the new areas such as ignition and suspension, there will be an addendum to the old manual with the updates. This addendum is published, but not in english yet. The shop will call me when it becomes available. Of course, I will post something when I hear.

One other note: I was told to use the Tamburini suspension settings for the Senna 1000.

If anyone has gotten a different story on this, I would love to hear it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The addendum came out in english last October maybe? Shows the VDSTS setup for the new ECU and there is a new parts manual. Also a big supplement with multipart 1000R info but it's more of a user guide type of thing than anything that would qualify as a shop manual.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hellcat, don't know if you got my pm, however there is a section in the Senna manual that covers settings for the rear shock, also there is a one page detailing what you need (Part No 8000A4973 Rev 1) it came with my manual

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JamesC said:
The addendum came out in english last October maybe? Shows the VDSTS setup for the new ECU and there is a new parts manual. Also a big supplement with multipart 1000R info but it's more of a user guide type of thing than anything that would qualify as a shop manual.
James, does your addendum have a part number? My Workshop Manual has a part number on the inside of its cover page (Part. No. 8A00A3312 - Edition No 1). If you had a part number, I could ask my dealer to inquire with Cagiva. Thanks.

agusta01 said:
... there is a section in the Senna manual that covers settings for the rear shock, also there is a one page detailing what you need (Part No 8000A4973 Rev 1) it came with my manual
Not sure if I am following. Is this the part number of the addendum to the workshop manual?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
8000A9721 ed 1 is the user guide
8000A9726 ed 1. is the maint manual
8A00A9714 ed 1 is the quick ref
There are a couple of others like dealer locator and warranty but doubt you want those?

Again, none of these are a new workshop manual though there is a new parts manual that covers senna/1000R together. The addendums don't have a pn and were distributed alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts