MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i live in south florida , got a great deal from the ducati shop in atlanta an went on a road trip for my 1000r . they gave me a temp tag from georgia to ride on for a bit . i got some time to go to get a florida tag for my bike an pay my taxes today , an they wont give me a tag " bikes not in floridas system " im told go away . after 2 managers an '" im gonna burn the building down " threats they call the state to prove me wrong . according to them no one has gotten a tag for a 1000r yet in florida an cagiva never told florida how mant cc's the engine was so they left it off of the list . they go " Ha told u so ,now get out ". an i go to leave an see 998 ccs on my certificate of authentification .HA i said back its right here in print . So another 30 mins later of there internal pow wow , they give me a tag an the stae of florida will accept any other registrations off of my certificate . ur welcome to who ever goes next . u owe me a beer . i still have a headache from those people .

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
logos1111 said:
So i live in south florida , got a great deal from the ducati shop in atlanta an went on a road trip for my 1000r . they gave me a temp tag from georgia to ride on for a bit . i got some time to go to get a florida tag for my bike an pay my taxes today , an they wont give me a tag " bikes not in floridas system " im told go away . after 2 managers an '" im gonna burn the building down " threats they call the state to prove me wrong . according to them no one has gotten a tag for a 1000r yet in florida an cagiva never told florida how mant cc's the engine was so they left it off of the list . they go " Ha told u so ,now get out ". an i go to leave an see 998 ccs on my certificate of authentification .HA i said back its right here in print . So another 30 mins later of there internal pow wow , they give me a tag an the stae of florida will accept any other registrations off of my certificate . ur welcome to who ever goes next . u owe me a beer . i still have a headache from those people .
Thats BULL I saw one that was owned by the owner if DUC miami, (so they can't tell you noone has one registered) With a liscence plate, and it was his own bike. Duc miami also sells them, and they wouldn't sell them without being able to register them. :violin: I HATE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE DMV

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i used the ducati miami owner as a reason why they needed to register me . i saw his bike on the dyno . but my investigative friend HE OWNS HIS OWN SHOP HE CAN USE A DEALER OR DEMO TAG wo knows the 1000 things he can do . why would he register his rides . cuz he likes paying Florida tax money ?? its for real i had plenty of people on the phone in counsel , state said cagiva never told them how many ccs the bike was . u still owe me a beer

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
he has the black one seater the first one he got was gonna buy his first 2 seater but he would nt budge on the price an the atlanta guys did under msrp an only a few hundred in prep fees . plus i would of paid 30 grand for the bike they arent very nice in miami . i told them my temporary situation an that i wasnt prepared that day to buy a bike , i didnt even know one was in the US yet ,i was gonna buy one in 2007 . but i feel in love . an they did a bait on switch on me . dont think they like white people . atlanta was very cool an those guys appreciate my buisness .

·
Registered
59 Posts
you think youve got problems??
the day i bought my brutale i was riding with the temp in my pocket. "you won't have any problems?" is what they told me. 30 miles later i am getting pulled over. upon learning i had no motorcycle pass on my dl the cops took great pride and pleasure in impounding my brand new bike. talk about a headache. oh well, i guess it was my fault.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Logos, I had some experience with someone named Leandro (Leo) down at Miami. Didn't really get that he was taking me seriously and after some time had passed he didn't want to be bothered with me. I was interested in the Corse 2006 they had there, but didn't want to pay an arm and leg for it. I never even made an offer.

Now you have what you want, and that's all that matters. I'm glad you went up and saw Jay and Alex in Atlanta. I was in Kissimmee, FL when I started talking with them. They were willing to come down in price on the 07 and the 05, and I couldn't pass up the deal they offered me on the 05, so I took the Red/Silver S.

I tried Tampa as well but they had hardly any inventory. Did you try there as well?

Where are your photos? If you look in my album, you'll see all photos from ATD when I picked it up.

Congrats to you on your new bike! I think it's great that you went up to Atlanta to pick her up. Have you ridden it yet? Breaking it in or jumping on it?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
logos1111 said:
i used the ducati miami owner as a reason why they needed to register me . i saw his bike on the dyno . but my investigative friend HE OWNS HIS OWN SHOP HE CAN USE A DEALER OR DEMO TAG wo knows the 1000 things he can do . why would he register his rides . cuz he likes paying Florida tax money ?? its for real i had plenty of people on the phone in counsel , state said cagiva never told them how many ccs the bike was . u still owe me a beer
I'm happy they registered you, but I don't owe you a beer, because I don't have a F4 1000R :bawling: , but if you got me one I would be more than happy to get you a beer :) . :yo:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
with a site name like tamburini u should be able to buy all me a r.blavenia ... been meaning to take some photos , im on it , i work alot soit gets pushed to he bottom of the to do list . my bait in switch story was that i was real cool with them told them i was planning on buying in 2007 that i had just formed a General contracting company an was low on liquid funds , and what i did have i felt better about holding onto till the first few jobs closed , so i would buy the bike that day ifthey would do 100 percent financing . i fell in love an had to have it . they go sure no prob they through in an few extra grand inset up fees and i was like u know what the passion has me fuck it lets do it . so the bank says cool lets do this but they only finance msrp an a bit more they wont do all thier extras . so i go come on guys 3000 in prep fees lets be cool they go" well we sprayed this special spray onthe bike to help fight off chipping ??? wtf ?? we cant take it off so u gotta pay us ". well i had already called a friend who got a 1000s from atlanta . he said miami jerked him around too so i called those guys they made me feel like gold an did the right thing . atlanta guys are good people true motorcycle people .

·
Registered
266 Posts
To Blavenia:

Can you tell me about what percentage the dealer in Atlanta gave off on your bike, or even better...the out the door price with goodies. I live in Miami, Fla. and don't want to be jerked around by slick dealership monkeys. Would gladly fly up to Atlanta for a good deal on a new Senna or 07 1000R if the people are fair and respectful.:) Thanks! Snappo

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first tell him Fred ( me i bought a 1000r in october )an Chet ..the guy that bought the 1000s which he turned into a Ago ... told u thier bad stories about miami an ur looking to buy from atlanta an not miami . i think he likes to steal bike sales from miami . i got mine for like 800 under msrp an 400 in prep fees . as u know u pay ur taxes when u get home . but the kicker is they arent gonna overcharge u an the prep is low , so sometimes buying from good people is worth it . i didnt ask for the discount on msrp they gave it i just didnt want 3000 in prep fees . al they said was if ur will ing to come pickit up ill help u out .

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ask Alex at ATD or Jay to give you $22,000 + $400 F/Prep, for $22,400 OTD and you pay taxes when you get home. Tell him Brian with the 2005 S sent you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am still green as far as MV's go but THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS IN SET UP FEES??? Please tell me your kidding.
What's the average some of you guys paid for set up fees? Better yet what would be a reasonable fee for an MV set up?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dude i knew NOOOOOTTHHING about mv when i went down there . a friend had a 2005 s he turned into a ago replica . the bike was noice looking but it ddnt justify the cost to me . i wanted the 1000r off of a picture . an went down there looking for a product guide . the guy had one sitting in the back room , an i was i done i had to have it . cant get any greener then that . this site caught me up to speed . i knew that his set up fees an his spray on chip resistant spray was a load of shit . just gotta walk away when it gets ugly . the atlanta boys ,will take care of u

·
Registered
360 Posts
You guys get charged setup fees? As in for the dealer to prep it for delivery (ie unpack + wash) and then for them to set up the correct static sag for your weight? Sheesh that's called customer service down here. The fees paid after the sale is sales tax, registration, and compulsory third party insurance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a hell of a time registering mine in okinawa, japan. It got so bad I damn near kicked some of their shit over guy. The lingo barrier plus them not ever seeing an MV just led up to a massive headache and a close fight. Frustration for sure. Glad u got it done, and so did I, 3 hours later.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts