MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jen returned on her R the other day and pointed out a white smear al down the LHS of the bike. Got it on the bench for a look and here are the results.

Thinking the radiator, it failed once before and which was a warranty repair 3 years ago. Certainly a weak point of this model I think. Letting it cool down and the strip shall begin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe,
The warranty replacement radiator was the one with the improved, beefed up bracket, funny how it has fractured in the same place.

Yes I will get it repaired, or maybe solder it myself. I have heard a lot of people use JB Weld or similar.

Your bracket looks a good idea Joe, I shall start saving my pennies.:laughing:

Cheers

jimboF4

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi Joe,
The warranty replacement radiator was the one with the improved, beefed up bracket, funny how it has fractured in the same place.

Yes I will get it repaired, or maybe solder it myself. I have heard a lot of people use JB Weld or similar.

Your bracket looks a good idea Joe, I shall start saving my pennies.:laughing:

Cheers

jimboF4
Ha ha Jim...You should be in the naughty boy corner for not fitting one already...200 - F4 riders cannot be wrong ..

I know Jim..it's just been Christmas and time's are hard lol...I'll send you a pm :)

joe

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the top radiator, my goodness how can a bike get so filthy and the rad that battered in three years. I will post a picture later of how tatty it all is. Think I have the split identified will try a home pressure leak test tomorrow. Then break out the liquid metal epoxy.

jimboF4

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
it's just a stupid way to mount a radiator...... from the weakest part

it should be supported by the strongest point, the bottom of the joint between the tanks and the core end caps

like on Fords.....they use 4 identical rubber pieces that fit the radiator the bottom 2 lie in the frame and support the radiator the top 2 hold the radiator down with 2 brackets
2 bolts
2 brackets
4 pieces of rubber

doesn't get any simpler or stronger

:drummer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts