MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Quick question,I am in Perth, W Australia and am going to buy an F4. I can wait a while for a black/white 312 or get a 1000R now. My dilemma is that the 312 is newer with upgraded engine internals but wouldn't the 1000R be better suited to mainly street riding with its better bottom end? Also the 1000R is currently being sold with a genuine cover and rear carbon hugger to sweeten the deal. Anyone ridden both? And last question, what is supplied as standard when you purchase one of these beautiful machines? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
There are some people on here who have ridden both. If I remember correctly most of the guys said unless your pushing it on the track you really couldnt tell the difference between the two.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I never rode an F4R, but unless you get a VERY good discount (not a bike cover and a carbon hugger) on it vs the 312R (which is a huge update regarding my previous F4S) or you have to wait a LONG time for the 312R, i say get the 312R, no doubt. :f4:
When you buy one of these you're suppose to at least get the owner manuals (in print and cd in a nice special box), a rear stand and a battery charger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the 1000R but only kept it for a few months (500miles) then I sold it and got the 312R. If money is no object then get the 312R. I like both bikes, the extra HP ALWAYS helps but I don't know if the increase in price justifies the that little difference.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
elitemotor said:
I had the 1000R but only kept it for a few months (500miles) then I sold it and got the 312R. If money is no object then get the 312R. I like both bikes, the extra HP ALWAYS helps but I don't know if the increase in price justifies the that little difference.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the response. you don't find the rideability any different down low?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Someone posted some dyno charts here a while back that showed them to be virtually identical up to 10,000 rpm. If memory serves, there was slightly more power for the 1000R in a couple of spots, but it was negligible.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey dude you get rear paddock stand and documents that is all that comes with an mv. personally i would go with whatever is the best deal, the r version has more bottom end ie from 0 to 5000 revs and the 312 has more up top , really depends on what you want. i have an s version and it really starts going at about 400 revs. i love my s version just for this reason. but i never go on track purely for this reason i love my s that is why i have not upgraded yet. mayb e after the milan show i might change my mind!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Stamo,
The other point to consider is that you may have to spend some money on a 1000R to play around with the fuelling whereas the 312R seems to be more sorted. Rick Gill's have had that red/silver 1000R on the floor since about April (assuming it is the same one) they tend to not offer any discounts, so if it were me, I would buy the 312R in black/white...stunning. Try to talk them into the hugger/cover deal.

Another WA member, Ozboy, loves his 1000R and my Senna is basically a 1000R...so I can safely say that you are unlikely to regret it if you decide to take that path.

Hopefully see you on an MV soon.
Cheers
Broms.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
stamo said:
Hi everyone. Quick question,I am in Perth, W Australia and am going to buy an F4. I can wait a while for a black/white 312 or get a 1000R now. My dilemma is that the 312 is newer with upgraded engine internals but wouldn't the 1000R be better suited to mainly street riding with its better bottom end? Also the 1000R is currently being sold with a genuine cover and rear carbon hugger to sweeten the deal. Anyone ridden both? And last question, what is supplied as standard when you purchase one of these beautiful machines? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hey Stamo.
Have you checked out the black/white 312R in Rick Gills?

They have a large stock of MV's right now,so plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
elitemotor said:

Good Luck!

:wtf: ...please no more HP :f4: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If your getting a large discount with a RG3 slip on thrown in then get the 1000R. If its only about $2000.00 difference between the 1000R and the 312 then get the 312. The 312 will be easier to sell down the track.

All MVs from the first 750s to the current 312 are awesome!! I've clocked about 30,000km on two MVs in about 2 years just riding the twisties.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ozboy said:
Hey Stamo.
Have you checked out the black/white 312R in Rick Gills?

They have a large stock of MV's right now,so plenty to choose from.
Yes I have but it is sold unfortunately. I have been in there a few times lately!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, I love my F4R. It is the most amazing bike that I ever ride.

The 312 bike is bassicaly the same bike with a few engine changes in order to get more "rpm" and in this way get more horse power.

But this new hP in high rpm means to lose between 5000 and 8000 more or less (middle range). The translation for this is that the 312 have more top speed, but less power in midle range, just what you need for the road.

Yes the 312 overtake 311,3 km/h, more than the 299,6 tha overtake the R. Yes, this is very important today (please note that I´m joking). :mouthwate

The conclusion is that the F4R engine performance is a few better in the road and the 312 is a few better in racing tracks as "Mugello", the place where most 312 owners usually are riding. :)

But one thing is true; the last production (current) modell in the market is the 312, so if you want to be updated buy the 312 (I would like to have a RC30, and it´s a 20 years old bike).

It is just my opinion. (I would like to have a 312) :ahhh: .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think this is not true.
312 in the middle is more stronger than 1000r and in high too.
The middle in 1000r became sacrifice because of euro 3.
So with Goggi's development the new motor (312) has much better middle and high than ever.
All this comes with better linear programming in ecu.
This is the best F4 ever with the way power go out in the road

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to all who replied,thanks for your feedback. i finally signed up for a 312 today! Very excited i am, i can tell you. oh and i ended up getting a black one! See you around!

PS. don't suppose anyone knows someone who wants to buy a buell xb9r firebolt?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts