MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It's clear that even EU dealers are lagging a bit on the working with the new 5SM bikes. The race ECU is not out yet and will cost 500EU! It sounds like PCIII will still be a direct bolt on but I will confirm asap. Let's hope all the US dealers find out about this stuff sooner rather than later. I'd suggest for now you refer them to the FAQ as the factory info has just come out and may lag in it's distribution to individual techs outside of Italy or EU?

I'll be updating the FAQ soon with the some new mothodology for the new 5Sm ECU.

Essentially it's:

- throttle body range (.5 to 3.5 now and idle 1100-1200)

- CO adjustment process for the 5Sm is via the vdsts software. TPS allowed is now 2.1 - 2.5deg (374mV to 413mV) with pref at 2.3 (394mV or so) which is an increased range over previous bikes.

There is also a new version of VDSTS required for the new 5Sm ECU that you have to use: 2.79-F. I'll get it all up on the FAQ as soon as I can.

I've alerted Brad at MotoOne so he can update his tech pages as well - for those of you who are lucky enough to use him/them in Oz.

Still no info on 'adjustable EBS' as of yet but you Senna/1000R owners are now as up to date as Italy to the best of my knowledge!

Now if someone were to loan me a Senna/1000R I could get some live shots of the new process for the FAQ!~ :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
Hello All,

It's clear that even EU dealers are lagging a bit on the working with the new 5SM bikes. The race ECU is not out yet and will cost 500EU! It sounds like PCIII will still be a direct bolt on but I will confirm asap. Let's hope all the US dealers find out about this stuff sooner rather than later. I'd suggest for now you refer them to the FAQ as the factory info has just come out and may lag in it's distribution to individual techs outside of Italy or EU?

I'll be updating the FAQ soon with the some new mothodology for the new 5Sm ECU.

Essentially it's:

- throttle body range (.5 to 3.5 now and idle 1100-1200)

- CO adjustment process for the 5Sm is via the vdsts software. TPS allowed is now 2.1 - 2.5deg (374mV to 413mV) with pref at 2.3 (394mV or so) which is an increased range over previous bikes.

There is also a new version of VDSTS required for the new 5Sm ECU that you have to use: 2.79-F. I'll get it all up on the FAQ as soon as I can.

I've alerted Brad at MotoOne so he can update his tech pages as well - for those of you who are lucky enough to use him/them in Oz.

Still no info on 'adjustable EBS' as of yet but you Senna/1000R owners are now as up to date as Italy to the best of my knowledge!

Now if someone were to loan me a Senna/1000R I could get some live shots of the new process for the FAQ!~ :stickpoke :laughing:
Good work James.

I e-mailed Brad last week to see if he finished the 1000 chip, he says he hasn't yet :stickpoke .

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
spacechumper said:
This motoone http://www.motoone.com.au/ ? in west gosford? Man thats very close to where I am, in fact they are closer than my MV dealer.
lucky man.

Way to go James :koolaid: , thats interseting and I'll pass on the info to our local dealer... mind you they don't have a VDSTS and/or gas analyzer :( (I think that CO unit might be coming soon) but I'm sure the mechanic will appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
JamesC said:
It sounds like PCIII will still be a direct bolt on but I will confirm asap.

SPR2003 told me this: I did fit the arrow mufflers, the same as Baldovini, and i have had to modify the injection map. I did it on the original electronic controller, or better to say they did at the MV Agusta.

What about the Rapidbike, they overrule the rev limiter as well, so maybe they will be able to override the EBS as well as it is a matter of injecting fuel or not!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts