MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i d'ont do it myself , i let the dealer do it .
but maybe there 's something that may need special attention or something

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
turbonick said:
no i d'ont do it myself , i let the dealer do it .
but maybe there 's something that may need special attention or something
Ah ok.
Well they are supposed to know what they're doing.
But if you check you maintenance manual it says there what should be checked and changed :f4:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If the valve clearance isn't checked you can void the warranty... so one local dealer told me.

I guess some of them may not do that in the first service to keep costs down?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The owner's manual lists what is to be done at the first service. Most of it is just checking which you can do your self except checking valves. You can change the oil your self then when you bring it to the dealer just ask him to do the things you didn't do. It might save you a little money if that is what you are after.

CAG

·
Registered
166 Posts
CAG said:
The owner's manual lists what is to be done at the first service. Most of it is just checking which you can do your self except checking valves. You can change the oil your self then when you bring it to the dealer just ask him to do the things you didn't do. It might save you a little money if that is what you are after.

CAG
No offense, but how can you suggest to a MV owner witch has a brand new bike, under warranty to "play" like this ?
The first service is the most important service for the future live of the bike (running well, safety, etc) .
It is not a "just checking".
> Throttle synchro (tools?)
> Steering bearing (tools?)
> Air/fuel (Tools?)
> etc...
It is not "just have a look" on the bike. No many parts are needed but you have to know how to check and how to (re)adjust, (re)torque.

I will be very surprised that a MV dealer will stamp the service booklet.

First pic 1000kms service. Adjusting valves clearance
Second pic. Bike 90% done after 1000kms service.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts