MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out with a friend on his '79 CBX... great bike for those of you who don't know about it.... 6 into 6 exhaust... the closest thing to a NASCAR sound you'll ever hear..... makes my brutale SILENT in comparison :)

a few thoughts with 520 miles on the clock (5 days old)
the headlight, while aesthetically pleasing.... but, horrible lighting
..... on HIGH beam... the filament seems to "wag" with the slightest bump... causing a "flicker" of sorts... must be annoying to oncoming traffic as wsell as those vehicles in front of me
......... does ANYONE else have THIS complaint?

tracks like a dream
very stealth
NO ONE NOTICES this bike...... NOT LIKE SO CAL, is it?

the seat is tolerable
the brakes are OUTSTANDING... thrilled with the brembos
the suspension is harsh.... i need to adjust it... if I ONLY knew how to get the effect for which i was searching (just being honest)

great tires

all-in-all.... i just LOVE this bike, even MORE than i had imagined

thanks for listening........
any other questions...... please don't hesitate to ask

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
281 Posts
Greg, I may be more tolerant but I have not noticed issues with the lighting. Agree with the stealth comments, in fact a cop did not even notice the bike while citing me for speeding. He took my insurance and wrote me up for speeding on a 2000 lime green speed triple (happens to be listed on my ins. card)

Some Brutale owners seem to get more notice (based on notes on this forum) but I am happy to avoid it. I have had a few techs from a local Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki dealer chat about it fondly but I am not bothered most of the time.

Brakes are strong, noticibly if I switch back to the S3 for a jaunt.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well I am much older that you - 44 - so I can relate. Perhaps it is less about the bike and more about how "friendly" I look? ;-)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
261 Posts
SteveC said:
Greg, I may be more tolerant but I have not noticed issues with the lighting. Agree with the stealth comments, in fact a cop did not even notice the bike while citing me for speeding. He took my insurance and wrote me up for speeding on a 2000 lime green speed triple (happens to be listed on my ins. card)

Some Brutale owners seem to get more notice (based on notes on this forum) but I am happy to avoid it. I have had a few techs from a local Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki dealer chat about it fondly but I am not bothered most of the time.

Brakes are strong, noticibly if I switch back to the S3 for a jaunt.
So Steve,
Where did you get nicked by the cops? Hwy 183, Lime Creek road, ect..? I like to avoid Barney where ever I can.

·
Registered
261 Posts
spalding12 said:
went out with a friend on his '79 CBX... great bike for those of you who don't know about it.... 6 into 6 exhaust... the closest thing to a NASCAR sound you'll ever hear..... makes my brutale SILENT in comparison :)

a few thoughts with 520 miles on the clock (5 days old)
the headlight, while aesthetically pleasing.... but, horrible lighting
..... on HIGH beam... the filament seems to "wag" with the slightest bump... causing a "flicker" of sorts... must be annoying to oncoming traffic as wsell as those vehicles in front of me
......... does ANYONE else have THIS complaint?

tracks like a dream
very stealth
NO ONE NOTICES this bike...... NOT LIKE SO CAL, is it?

the seat is tolerable
the brakes are OUTSTANDING... thrilled with the brembos
the suspension is harsh.... i need to adjust it... if I ONLY knew how to get the effect for which i was searching (just being honest)

great tires

all-in-all.... i just LOVE this bike, even MORE than i had imagined

thanks for listening........
any other questions...... please don't hesitate to ask
Greg,
Its almost time for that 600 mile check up. I bet you cant wait to rap that bad boy up a notch. I know I couldnt.

·
Registered
281 Posts
lorenzotx said:
So Steve,
Where did you get nicked by the cops? Hwy 183, Lime Creek road, ect..? I like to avoid Barney where ever I can.
Yeah, me too. I was "lasered" coming west on 620, around Parmer (construction). Pissed me off, since I was traveling with traffic and was picked out. There were three MC cops "fishing" for their quota on that one stretch.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lorenzotx said:
Greg,
Its almost time for that 600 mile check up. I bet you cant wait to rap that bad boy up a notch. I know I couldnt.
happy, that i DID change the oil at 50 miles....
1. i'll wait until closer to 1,000 miles to have it serviced... i surely hope they have SOME solution to the ABRUPT throttle response directly off idle... maybe there IS a bit of "play" in the throttle cable
2. i DID see 9,500 rpm on the onramp to the interstate last night.... and it was exhilerating, to say the very least

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts