MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am much more upset against the French politics since I ride full power bikes. It is so nice a full power bike and I feel sad for the French bikers that rides maximum 100HP bikes. :bawling:
It is not because of the top end speed but because of the engine feedback.
I never rode a F4 1000 100HP and I don't want. I thing it will be a disapointing experience even if it is an MV Agusta.

·
Registered
878 Posts
First of, Desmolight welcome to the site.

Not that it matters much, but is that the advertised 100HP at the crank, or at the rear wheel?

Also can you buy a bike that advertises 100HP and then modify it? If they don't put the bike on a dyno to test it before renewing the registration, then what's to stop people to get the bike back on HP? :stickpoke

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your welcome.
Yes sorry, 100HP at the crank! For sure you can modify to get the HP back but what needs to be change ? Cams ? ECU? Injectors? Fuel regulator or fuel pump? ...You have to "remove" about 70HP !!! Big money.
Also, If the cops catch you with a full power bike (more that 100HP + - 10%) you can be ready for big, big troubles with the justice. In case of an accident, the police and insurance will check your bike and if it is a full power bike you have to be ready to pay a lot and to lose your driving licence for good. Better to go for a nacked or cruising bike.
Hopfully MV Agusta plan to built a cruising bike ...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
desmolight said:

they tried..... And thus was born the Brutale.... :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TokyoLunch said:
they tried..... And thus was born the Brutale.... :laughing: :laughing:
600 Brutale is missing. To me, the 910 has too much power for non experimented bikers.
It will be the top if if you have the choice between a Brutale 600 and 900.
The 750 is perfect, not too much but enough power.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
desmolight said:
600 Brutale is missing. To me, the 910 has too much power for non experimented bikers.
It will be the top if if you have the choice between a Brutale 600 and 900.
The 750 is perfect, not too much but enough power.

hmmm....600.

Most cruisers are huge....

and I think most newbies should just avoid MV as a first bike anyway....

But yeah, a 600 would certainly add to the mix! :smoking:

:moped:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I looked into renting a bike for when I travel to Paris this sunday on business, but knowing that any bike I rent will be limited at 100hp changes my mind alot, especially considering that they charge over 100 euros a day!

·
Registered
225 Posts
desmolight said:
Thank you for your welcome.
Yes sorry, 100HP at the crank! For sure you can modify to get the HP back but what needs to be change ? Cams ? ECU? Injectors? Fuel regulator or fuel pump? ...You have to "remove" about 70HP !!! Big money.
Also, If the cops catch you with a full power bike (more that 100HP + - 10%) you can be ready for big, big troubles with the justice. In case of an accident, the police and insurance will check your bike and if it is a full power bike you have to be ready to pay a lot and to lose your driving licence for good. Better to go for a nacked or cruising bike.
Yep this French law sucks and makes very little sense. I've ridden a 100hp limited R1 and to be honest it was not that much slower on the road and so I really don't understand what this law is supposed to achieve?? :confused:

I live in France and have a UK registered bike in order to get around this dumb 100hp rule. :naughty:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
machine748s said:
In order to have 100cv compilant bikes, MV has a special eproom.
One of the most stupid law in France...
It is the EPROM only or the complete ECU ?

·
Registered
293 Posts
desmolight said:
It is the EPROM only or the complete ECU ?
For 750 bikes it's the Eprom, for 1000 you've got to change the ECU, or to change the program in it (it's hard to find someone with the tools needed for this)
For 1000cc you also have to remove the restrictors in the air box
For 750 and 1000 there is also a screx on the trottle to remove

1 - 13 of 13 Posts