MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
isnt so great, anything less than a cruising speed, my balls get cooked over easy.
the new F4 seems to run hotter than my old ones even with all those new holes in the fairings.
basically, summer heat and sport bikes dont mix.

·
Registered
643 Posts
that goes for all sport bikes now tho. All the new ones have skinner frames that go over the motor, rather than around it. That puts your body closer to the engine and with the horsepower that these things are putting out, it's no wonder they get as hot as they do. I honestly think that my MY10 F4 is better than my 2008 1098 and my 2004 R1.

·
Registered
601 Posts
that goes for all sport bikes now tho. All the new ones have skinner frames that go over the motor, rather than around it. That puts your body closer to the engine and with the horsepower that these things are putting out, it's no wonder they get as hot as they do. I honestly think that my MY10 F4 is better than my 2008 1098 and my 2004 R1.
Almost makes me want to make-up a Moto GP style stubby pipe: No more Cooked Nuts, 15 lbs lighter? But Im afraid it would Kill the midrange.
Georgai has got to be the hottest place in Hell.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Certainly doesn't help with taiwans heat!!

summer heat may not mix with sportbikes, but that f4 sure does look nice with the bicolor 458 behind it!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Your F4 is ashamed and is boiling out of anger to run around with such hideous wheels. Could that be ?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
what have you done to those wheels!
Said it before, you have to be very careful what you do to an MV, those wheels would even look out of place on a GSXR with all the stripes and stuff they have..............IMHO of course:)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Dude, you should've known that posting that pic on this site would get you flamed.[/quote]

And you should know better than thinking that turning a MV into a X-mas tree is okay.
If you are so brave in your styling, were is your pictures :stickpokeChris, just about getting over your bad comments about this site and the people on here. If you don't like it here...........

·
Registered
643 Posts
And you should know better than thinking that turning a MV into a X-mas tree is okay.
If you are so brave in your styling, were is your pictures :stickpokeChris, just about getting over your bad comments about this site and the people on here. If you don't like it here...........
Donsy, my bike looks stock (mostly) and while his style isn't mine I would just not comment on it before I slammed it. To each their own, you know. He didn't ask for comments on the look of his bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Donsy, my bike looks stock (mostly) and while his style isn't mine I would just not comment on it before I slammed it. To each their own, you know. He didn't ask for comments on the look of his bike.
And this might be the problem Chris. I think John knows I for one hate his wheel paint antics, I love what they do with the rest of the bike though. And yes he has asked for comments on his paint jobs before, sort of happens when you post pictures on the NET.
If I knew John I am sure I would give him shit everyday about what he does with those wheels, but I would still buy him a drink as a mate, because he/they do a lot for MV in a country were there is not that many going around.
I get a lot of PM's from blokes who don't ever post on here about my colour scheme, or my leathers, or the fact that I stood on the podium in shorts or with a beer etc, I could not care less about them.
I do mostly listen to the guys who do have the guts to express a opinion and who love their MV's for what they are.
In my mind this is a MV FAN's site, you can come on here and insult everybody, but don't cry if you get abused then.
The easy way is to say everybody has a right to his own opinion, too true, but there are certain thing's that ARE MV and that is that.

What you are doing is like walking into a dealer's shop and telling him in front of other customers that he's a knob and he sells crap, and then asking for discount on the new bike you want to buy.

Just chill and enjoy your bike mate, that way we can all go on with our lives.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
that Ferrari 458 (I'm pretty sure that's what it is) in the background is sick!

Dude, you should've known that posting that pic on this site would get you flamed.
Man, you're taking my comment way out of it's intent. I was only stating that the thread was to talk about the heat issue and not his wheels. It was in no way directed at you.
Yup, racebike, hot climate, it's going to be hot. IF you think the wheels on John's MV is bad, how about the helmet on the ZX10 pillion seat :jsm:
I will be the first to say sorry, after you did. I did not think it was directed at me at all, I thought it was directed at fellow site members and me.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
His wheels. He can do what he wants to them. As long as he only rides at night.:laughing:
And on a dyno in a closed off area :naughty:

how about the helmet on the ZX10 pillion seat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts