MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 reasons why gay marriage is wrong:

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage would be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an email someone sent me, and I thought it did a pretty good job of making fun of all the reasons the fearfull use to condemn gay human beings from getting married. And no, I havent been drinking. I was out on the bike enjoying 60 degree weather in NY!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
i find this thread offensive....I consider myself to be a lesbian...I love women and I'm proud of it...so everyone knows now!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
lewdog998 said:
i find this thread offensive....I consider myself to be a lesbian...I love women and I'm proud of it...so everyone knows now!
I love women and lesbians too. Often, I'd wanted to dip myself in cholocate and throw myself into a group of them - but my wife keeps saying no. :bawling:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm thinking that someone here is shooting for a job as George "dubya's" next writer ...

·
Registered
160 Posts
hahaha nice post. Pretty ridiculous the ideas people have in this country, huh? Massachussetts hasn't crumbled yet and they allow gays to marry. But then again I'm an athiest, so what the hell do I know? :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sgsoloplayer said:
hahaha nice post. Pretty ridiculous the ideas people have in this country, huh? Massachussetts hasn't crumbled yet and they allow gays to marry. But then again I'm an athiest, so what the hell do I know? :)

Athiest or not, people are all just people, and thats all there is to it. I'm glad you see the irony, there are some real idiots making decisions that effect everyone, based solely on their religion or personal fears, its fuckin retarded.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
allias86 said:
can you imagine a gay stag night?just a thought
It would be the same as a straight stag night, except gay people are attracted to the same sex.

·
Registered
796 Posts
no i meant that they would spend it togheter.but i guess that they could have two separate parties .:)i was just making a bad joke :p

·
Registered
796 Posts
btw i always thought that writing in god we trust on your national currency is not such a bright ideea.first of all,if you flip through the bible you get the ideea that god doesn't like money,being the root of all evil and all.and when you re putting in god we trust in god we trust on the bancnote it is like saying,hey god,we like you,and we ll use you,but our love of money is bigger,so try not to get in the way.i love it when politicians use the words god,sin and justice don t you?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
allias86 said:
btw i always thought that writing in god we trust on your national currency is not such a bright ideea.first of all,if you flip through the bible you get the ideea that god doesn't like money,being the root of all evil and all.and when you re putting in god we trust in god we trust on the bancnote it is like saying,hey god,we like you,and we ll use you,but our love of money is bigger,so try not to get in the way.i love it when politicians use the words god,sin and justice don t you?

I know exactly what you mean, and good luck with quitting smoking, its fuckin hard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts