MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have sizing or part numbers for the o rings needed to repair the oil leak from the oil cooler? Mine is leaking also

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
What old thread ? Hahaha, hey Joe, a few of us have had to sort this problem in the past, first make sure where the oil is coming from.
There's two possibilities, the one is between the actual heat exchanger (black) and the minus old.
The other is between the manifold and the motor.

The first is sometimes as easy to fix as undoing the clip over the central mounting bolt, an tightening that bolt up again, very tight. There's a weird o-ring in there, Chuck will give you the name of the thing, I can never remember it, but it's not an off the shelf item.

The next is more work and this is where the o-rings come into play. I'm sitting in the doctors rooms at the moment waiting to go for a CT scan on my neck, will post some pictures soon as I get home.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dons, as it turns out, its not the oil cooler thats leaking. I assumed it was because I had oil at the very front of my belly pan (fairing) but it turns out its coming from the gear shift rod seal. Ill start a new thread for it to see if anyone else has had that seal leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts