MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new F4 last week. Today after a nice ride I'm cleaning the bike and I notice few screws missing :( that really sucks plus my rigth front fork is leaking oil. Oh there is few wires under the seat is that normal ??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Have your exhaust heat shield bolts fallen out yet??
Watch out for rain. They don't like getting wet.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Ah good, I was wondering if those connectors hanging in the breeze were unique to my machine!
One is a charge lead and the other goes I don't know where, but I suspect it is for a diagnostic. Either way I have covered mine with electrical tape to make sure nothing gets shorted out...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks like someone missed the clutch slave bolt on PDI. BIG mistake! Fork seals should not be leaking and probably were weeping when bike was delivered. Looks like dealer blew through delivery and didn't bother making sure things were right. Not so sure i'd go back there.

And no worries on what looks to be like a missing bolt on the radiator hanger. Its just that...a hanger with a grommet that slides over the hollow peg/pin. Nearly every sportbike hangs their front mount rads this way off the frame.

Edit: Someone else will have to comment on exactly where the connectors go to but you can protect them from moisture by putting dielectric grease on the end. Doesn't hurt to go heavy on the stuff.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh, to keep your undertail bolts from backing out just dab a drop or two of red loctite on the threads of the bolt ends that stick past the back side of the well nuts.
Or if using loctite worries you one can use any old silicon RTV adhesive/sealant. Its easy to remove and will keep the bolts from backing out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. I'm going to the dealer on tuesday its about 100 miles from my house oh btw the gas thank it's going to be replace due to bubles on the paint, I'm disappointed with all this on this new bike. The funny part it's the I work for a dealer And I'm on top of my techs with the PDI's if that happen to one of my customers next thing I know they want all the freebies.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Raise some hell....you have every right to. I'd be pissed with so many issues from a brand new bike. Especially if i lived so far from the dealer. That's a real inconvenience to do 200 miles round trip for something that never should have been delivered that way to begin with. This kind of stuff is unacceptable.

You better start documenting all this stuff with pics and witnesses and a paper trail just in case you end up needing to turn it in under lemon law. Probably wont have to, but don't leave yourself hanging out to dry when you might need it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks like MV haven't improved their quality control as yet but if it is hand assembled we just go along with it????

Those robotic arms that Kawondsuzyam use are looking pretty cool at this stage!

Hope the RR's are assembled better!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I'd give it back and ask for a new bike. imho that bike is not fit for purpose. The dealer should hang his head in shame delivering a bike like that.
In a word...shambolic

joe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts