MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Slowing getting used to this bike and its little things :)

So the idle (warm or cold) is about 1200rpm (does that seem a little low?)... when heading off from standstill or coming back on to the throttle in 1st of 2nd there is a very quick jump up 1-1.5k+ rpm or so. I have video'ed this so you can see what i mean. Here i'm twisting that grip as slowly as i can...

http://download.elogic.co.nz/1209010J2L3s

Is there some sort of adjustment, or maybe something getting worn, in the throttle/cable/etc mechanism to calm this down a little? It seems to be the same in both Normal and Sport modes BTW.

Any thoughts or knowledge would be a great help thanks.

Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to mv fuelling :)

your's is smoother than mine
Oh I am well aware :) My previous 910R was very much the full on thing in terms of throttle response. But I had they had worked on this with the 990R. It almost feels like a worn/sticky cable or something, which is why I asked :jsm: :yo:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Throttle bodies could be out of sync, maybe a TPS adjustment?

My 1090RR was like that , I took it to my dealer while it was under warranty and he adjusted those things.

Smoothed right out.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle bodies could be out of sync, maybe a TPS adjustment?

My 1090RR was like that , I took it to my dealer while it was under warranty and he adjusted those things.

Smoothed right out.
Yes good thinking. It's due for its 30k service and I bought it at 28k... But there is no compete record of the 24k service... So might get them todo the above as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
Is it actually reving up, or is it indicating that it reved up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts