MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about riding someone on a 1+1? I was looking at buying one, but didn't know how comfortable it would be for a passenger. Thanks

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Pure Hell must be the simplest answer

good thing is, my wife has never been on the back of a bike except the MV, so luckily she doesnt know how comfortable some pilion bikes can be
she never complains either, and she is encouraging me to go for a 312 :) guess im real glad we met:):)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
lol lucky you!!! my wifes ridden pillion on every bike ive had ...except... yep the mv !!! she took one look and said bloody hell that looks uncomfy!! i knew i shudda got the single seater heh heh

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
the pillion seat is not angled up as on some jap sports bikes which makes a big difference to a pillions weight distribution therefore comfort. plus easier to get out of the wind blast for them.my wife and I managed a 3k mile trip around europe with large throwover panniers slung over the pillion seat and a tent and 2 foam roll up mats behind her with no problems.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yep, no problems at all. My wife actually says that it is the most comfortable bike that she has ever been on.

I must admit that I spoil her by putting on the Ventura rack, with the optional padded backrest, and she sits like a queen!! I think she is comfortable because the pillion area is very narrow, and if you'll pardon the expression, she does not have to spread her legs as wide apart as on other bikes, which means she does not get those horrible cramps in her sides.

We have regularly done 600km+ two-up rides without being anymore sore than on any other bike. I say go for it,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts