MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea me to but it was really surprising ! :eek:
I don't really know why this guys who ordered them want a rocket with a passenger seat...maybe an ejection seat will be better.... :smoking:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
freerider said:
Yea me to but it was really surprising ! :eek:
I don't really know why this guys who ordered them want a rocket with a passenger seat...maybe an ejection seat will be better.... :smoking:
it's because:

History: Sultan of Brunei ordered it, but did not want to pay for it. Bike was sent back to the dealer in Singapore, where I bought it.
For the Sultan and his money, MV probably would have designed a matching sidecar in c/f if he wanted it, for his girl of the hour of course. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah ah loool maybe.... :laughing: but i don't know why it isn't polished like many of their cars :rolleyes: very bad taste sometimes... :green:

·
Registered
367 Posts
But, just cause the bike is fast dosen't mean you have to ride it fast.
Eg, I would argue that my old ZX-6R was to fast also, 120Km in first gear, that already breaks Australias speed limit, and a passenger would struggle to stay on it flay out.

So I say if the 750's and 1000's have rear seats so can the Tam..

just my though :)
Jonathan

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
spacechumper said:
But, just cause the bike is fast dosen't mean you have to ride it fast.
Eg, I would argue that my old ZX-6R was to fast also, 120Km in first gear, that already breaks Australias speed limit, and a passenger would struggle to stay on it flay out.

So I say if the 750's and 1000's have rear seats so can the Tam..

just my though :)
Jonathan
not to mention the readily available ZX14, ZX12, Hayabusa...

·
Registered
367 Posts
odonata, exactly, there would be many modern bikes that would fit the power profiles.
I'm not saying don't go fast, just you don't go fast when you shouldn't (eg with a passenger)

Haden't seen the ZX14 b4, looks big, check out the mirrors. Sure would fix my prob s yesterday :) (trying to look under my arms with the mirrors ;) ) but least the MVs mirrors look cool, thats what its all about.

Regards,
Jonathan

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
:wtf:

I have a hard enough time keeping myself on Tam 292; cannot fathom taking another. Too much responsibility, another's life.

I have alot of respect for those that 2-up safely...it's hard, especially at :later: SPEED :bash: .

IMHO, I prefer monoposto on the Tam.

Peter

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Reopropf said:
:wtf:

cannot fathom taking another. Too much responsibility, another's life.

I have alot of respect for those that 2-up safely...it's hard, especially at :later: SPEED :bash: .

Peter
+1.

I have no desire to take another person with me on the bike, I sold my pillion footrest and seat pad for the R6 within the 1st month, that's just my choice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Least then you won't have to make up any excuses why not to pillion.

I once dinked my friend to work in Sydney from Gosford :) (About a 160Km round trip) that was interesting, not too bad once you get used to it.

On the other hand I dinked a potential buyer of my ZX-6R, he weighed 110Kgs, that was not a good experience, but he bought it (it just wanted to wheelie everywhere ;) )

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Can't speak for the F4 but...

Not that I'd want to be regularly two up again but in my younger days my best friend at the time basically lived on the back of my bike. My suspension was set up for him to be on there ( he was a little guy) and he really became/was part of the bike so much that I didn't feel restricted by him being there at all other than his life being in my hands and without sounding like bragging we passd many a sportsbike in the hills while safely riding inside the limits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,

Yeah, thats the one and only Tam in Singapore. Below are pics of that bike in the exhibition we had in Nov last year. Where i fell in love with my Brutale, which was also on display... :drummer:

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx for the pics :drummer:
I'm in love with her :blush: she's so beautiful :naughty: and so so expensive :eek: :bawling:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts