MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my MV F4S 750 tomorrow. It is a 1+1 not sure I like the rear pegs and seat. It is a good price so I am going for it.

Is it easy to take the rear pegs off, does iot look ok? What about the seat? Are there covers made or do I have to invest in a new rear seat unit?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Flanners said:
Picking up my MV F4S 750 tomorrow. It is a 1+1 not sure I like the rear pegs and seat. It is a good price so I am going for it.

Is it easy to take the rear pegs off, does iot look ok? What about the seat? Are there covers made or do I have to invest in a new rear seat unit?

Cheers
Welcome and congrats on the new MV.

The pegs come off very easly. All you have to do is unscrew the 4 "bolts"? (sorry i can't remember if thisi is the correct the word in english, righ now) and take them off.
As for the seat, i don't know if there are covers made but i think the seat is very well integrated on the tail section. But of course, if you want a mono........

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
FWIW, I believe there are different tail sections (rear subframe and bodywork, seat bump pad) between the 1+1 and mono. There are people who have converted. but as you can imagine, pieces aren't cheap.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
For some reason on the solo i bought, i have the subframe for a 1+1, as well as the yellow shock that i have been told only comes on the 1+1. So i am not sure what happen when they were putting everything together they included a few 1+1 pieces, but the subframe for a 1+1 will work for a solo tail section. if you need some pics let me know and i will send them your way. Hope this helps

·
Registered
474 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
For some reason on the solo i bought, i have the subframe for a 1+1, as well as the yellow shock that i have been told only comes on the 1+1. So i am not sure what happen when they were putting everything together they included a few 1+1 pieces, but the subframe for a 1+1 will work for a solo tail section. if you need some pics let me know and i will send them your way. Hope this helps
Then, that really sounds as though you have a 1+1 with a monoposto tail fitted, and the pegs removed. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yep. i noticed that when we went riding that day. makes it easy on you if you ever want to go biposto. you'll just be short the tailsection, seat, and pegs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
best of both worlds

I have a 1+1 with a mono tail section the looks are great, plus I have the choice of putting my standard two seater and take my wife for a ride. Its the best of both worlds.
:)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
If you need help posting images you can upload them to the gallery or e-mail them to me ([email protected]) and i'll be more than happy to post them for you.

P.S. Welcome! Be sure to post your MV in the registry

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks y'all, I would be interested in any pictures people have of the 1+1 conversion to a single seat version, please email me etc.

I am looking at purchasing the single seat in the UK, any ideas where Emoto Parts do one, I like the idea of the best of both worlds, as I prefer the lines of the single seat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pictures. Had a look at my new MV today and she is lovely picking her up next week (750cc)

MV-999R Did the single seat unit bolt straight onto the 1+1 with no modifications? Spoke to Emoto in the UK and the pattern single seat units they have do not fit on???? They said I may need a single seat sub-frame (don't want to go welding a sub frame on)

If I manage to source the official MV single seat body panel; how much is the light cluster etc?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
actually it doesn't "bolt on" per se. there are 2 pins that keep it on at the hinge. and yes, the single seat rear works on the biposto subframe.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
Flanners said:
Great pictures. Had a look at my new MV today and she is lovely picking her up next week (750cc)

MV-999R Did the single seat unit bolt straight onto the 1+1 with no modifications? Spoke to Emoto in the UK and the pattern single seat units they have do not fit on???? They said I may need a single seat sub-frame (don't want to go welding a sub frame on)

If I manage to source the official MV single seat body panel; how much is the light cluster etc?
Well, i'm not sure.
Those fairings you see there are some used fibers i bought, but i didn't mounted them.
as far as i know the mono unite bolted stragiht onto the biposto frame (below the seat, where it actually bolts to the frame) but on the rear part i think they had to make some kind of spacer (below the unit, so you won't see it) so the whole seat unit would lock on the rear. (sorry for my "technical" engrish :toothless )

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
style_one said:
actually it doesn't "bolt on" per se. there are 2 pins that keep it on at the hinge. and yes, the single seat rear works on the biposto subframe.
I'm not that sure, of that.
Perhaps the original MV seat units work that way, but not some of the aftermarket ones.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I would be happy to sell you my 1+1 but i have already coated it and changed some things on it to make it not so stock :toothless

Style, they actually did give me the pegs when i bought the bike up in PA. They just sit in my toolbox in my grarage. If anyone wants to take them off my hands just make me an offer! My fiance' doesn't like riding and i have way to much for by myself on the bike to include anyone else :p

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah...if i were you, i'd only take her if i was trying to get out of being a fiancee. one lean feast trip to rt33 and you'd be a bachelor for sure again in no time . :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts