MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for a similar thread with no luck..

Has anyone attempted to convert a mono F4 to bipost? I have an 01 750 that I'm thinking about getting 1+1 pieces to swap on when my girlfriend wants to ride. Is it too expensive, too hard to convert? Just need some input...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
It would be easier to convert a 1+1 into a mono.

Besides the 1+1 tail you'll need a new subframe and probably a stonger shock spring.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you will need subframe, pegs, tail unit, rear seat, and i believe they did change the spring to be able to support extra weight. these things minus the spring pop up now and then.

·
Registered
144 Posts
long3jl said:
I searched the forum for a similar thread with no luck..

Has anyone attempted to convert a mono F4 to bipost? I have an 01 750 that I'm thinking about getting 1+1 pieces to swap on when my girlfriend wants to ride. Is it too expensive, too hard to convert? Just need some input...
long3jl,

I converted mine to a 1+1, what I ended up needing was a new subframe, passenger pegs, tail unit and undertray. It wasn't too expensive because I bought a subframe and pegs from a forum member and traded my mono tail unit for his 1+1. I ended up having to buy a undertray from a dealer, because the shape of the mono didn't work on the 1+1 subframe to well, there were things colliding because of a lack of clearance. There was something I didn't notice until I attached the tail unit an locked it down, there was this 1 to 2 inch gap between the tail unit and undertray in the back and the undertray was in contact with the exhaust. Not an expensive part, around $80. I can tell you this much, it takes a little bit of time.

I'm not sure if this works, but if you want to be swapping out for your girlfriend, I would just keep the 1+1 subframe on and swap the tail unit when needed and of course remove the pegs. Swapping out the whole thing everytime she wanted to ride would be a bit much. But that's just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts