MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help before Sunday track day. 12.5 volts in batt. Ignition just clicks. I located the relay that is clicking. nothing further. Any help welcomed.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Jump it from your car, see if it will start. Does the started run when you try to start? Does the fuel pump prime when you open the key?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Have you recently removed the battery? Assuming the '09s are the same as the '07s, there are actually FIVE connectors to the battery.....I believe three to negative, and two to positive.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
limp battery?

check the 40 amp fuses on the back of the starter solenoid, one is working the other is a spare.....

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Need help before Sunday track day. 12.5 volts in batt. Ignition just clicks. I located the relay that is clicking. nothing further. Any help welcomed.
Sounds like a bad battery. One way to check is keep the voltage meter on the battery as you try to crank it. If it drops to some really low voltage like 6 or 8 then the battery is not charged and maybe toast.

Jim

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Could be the alternator. Check the voltage across the battery with the engine running, should be 13 plus volts.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
clicker?

John;
it has to be higher than 13v a fully charged lead acid battery is ~13.2

the manual has charging voltage higher ~14v to almost 15v, temp dependent

s72237;
like i said before check the alternator 40amp fuse......bet its blown there are 2, one is a spare

start it, put a DC volt meter across the battery, if at 4,000 rpm you don't see 14+ volts its not charging

:f4::brutale:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts