MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
No. The 989 is a replacement for the 910S, not R. It has more displacement, yes, but in all other aspects the 910R is the better bike.
Now the 1078RR...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
not sure where you are SSXRNR, but I does not look like the 989 will be available in the US.
I own a 910R after almost 15 years with nothing but Ducatis and I must say the Brutale is the most incredible & funnest street bike I have ever owned ---- AND CHICKS LOVE BRUTIE RIDERS!!!:f4:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just swapped my 910S for an R. I checked out the 989, but even the S is a better bike than the 989. The R is equipped with better parts than the 989 - so i did not have any doubts. The wheels alone is a major difference!:stickpoke Go for the R - or the 1078 RR:mouthwate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
No. The 989 is a replacement for the 910S, not R. It has more displacement, yes, but in all other aspects the 910R is the better bike.
Now the 1078RR...
that's it!

I'd prefer a 910R to a 1078RR.. cannot explain why, I think the 910R is the best brutale ever made.. insane but "complete" at the same time.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
have both the 910R and the 1078RR....
Love them both but even if the 910R is not as torquy as the 1078RR, its behaviour is more aggressive.
Now, the 1078RR is a Monstaaaaaa....so torquy i never know what gear i'm in.
I think, partly due to its electric engine (with RACE ECU on), the 910R is a better track bike.
Power is delivered is a uncivilized manner.

The 1078RR is a better twisties bike because of the softer & "longer" suspensions.
Power is delivered in a more linear and controled way...until 6KRPM then it's even wilder than the 910R. The famous On/Off throttle effect of the 910R is now practically gone n the 1078RR. This "defect" was and still is part of the Brute's charm...

I think however that with a RACE ECU (when it will be available) and a Ti line, the 1078RR will get back of the 910R's wilderness.
It could then be the ULTIMATE bike.

Until today, i fail to understand why MV came up with the 989R....why not just keeping the 910R going instead?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Power is delivered is a uncivilized manner.

The 1078RR is a better twisties bike because of the softer & "longer" suspensions.
The famous On/Off throttle effect of the 910R is now practically gone n the 1078RR. This "defect" was and still is part of the Brute's charm...
So the 910R has harsh suspension, twitchy uncivilized throttle, I had not read or heard of those characteristics before?

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts
989 has non-adjustable suspension, steel front brake rotor carriers...many small "down-grades" compared to 910 models and even 750 models. I think it must have been an attempt to make a "budget" MV,......I also wonder why. :confused:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That must be rhetorical as my previous would indicate.:bash:

Did the addition of the PCIII solve your self described jerky throttle?
Rethorical indeed...
but apparently you know a thing or two about this problem now.

No PCIII on mine. I kinda got used to the jerkiness by now. Our engineer also did a special fine tuning on the bike which sort of faded the jerkiness out a bit...but it's still there.
The problem really now with on/off behavior is only when driving slowly in traffic or at low pace...i have to play with the clutch to smooth things out.

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts
What jerkiness???? This machine is not intended to ride around slowly. It is the bike telling you to GOOOO!!!!!. Twist the throttle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all

I always use my MV´s on tracks, and when I ride my B910R, I just can say that I enjoy soooo much!!!, it is amazing how she behaves. To me, there is no other street or naked motorcycle to compare with, even the Duc S4R in its varieties!!

reading the different posts in this thread, I have seen that 910R owners experience quite the same feelings; and I just want to say that clutch feeling is great, braking power is awesome, estability (with steering dumper) is perfect, and the best part is how powerful it is and the way she delivers it...I just love it!!!

I have no idea of how the 1078RR would feel like, but if you are interested in a powerful bike with radical feeling, get the 910R you will not regret from your decission.

From Brutale to heaven!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Completely agree. The Brutale 910R is simply the most responsive bike I have ever ridden - even more so than the F4 1000R. In some ways it also feels quicker than the F4. Dute to the shorter stroke motor it revs quicker and runs through its gears much faster than the F4. Simply amazing!!! :yo::brutale:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts