·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out the dyno chart here

stock peak 156hp @ ~12250RPM
w/full stystem + pcIII 170hp @ ~12250 RPM
+14bhp!

torque looks to be about 75lb/ft peak @ 9500 RPM, and with the exhaust/pcIII they got 82lbt/ft. and it looks like they held that +7lb/ft across the rev range!

wow! that motor really responded to opening up the exhaust.

could be a hell of a ride w/ 170 @ the rear wheel!

alex

·
Registered
409 Posts
ok i know chuck graves is good with the yamha , but my bullshit meter always turns on when some one selling a product gets insane results " from their product " . 17 hp off of a exhaust is crazy . my history with pipes an other things motorcycle related tells me no way 17 hpmore is true this is true . sounds like snake oil to me . an its really bad that a o7 r1 has a stock output of 156 hp thats really low .

·
Registered
822 Posts
logos1111 said:
ok i know chuck graves is good with the yamha , but my bullshit meter always turns on when some one selling a product gets insane results " from their product " . 17 hp off of a exhaust is crazy . my history with pipes an other things motorcycle related tells me no way 17 hpmore is true this is true . sounds like snake oil to me . an its really bad that a o7 r1 has a stock output of 156 hp thats really low .
How do you figure, most bikes loose 15% from the crank to the wheel, right?

156hp x 15%= 23.4hp + 156hp = 179.4 hp at the crank....What does yamaha claim?

I have seen gains of 10-20 hp with the right exhaust and tuning many times, never on an MV, but on hundreds of jap and american bikes.

·
Registered
796 Posts
around 185 stock.it s insane power on paper but i think it is a bit blown out of proportion

and the percentage is around 10-12% 15 is a lot.but i wouldn t regard the dyno results as the bible.they are not 100% acurrate especially at high speeds

·
Registered
822 Posts
allias86 said:
around 185 stock.it s insane power on paper but i think it is a bit blown out of proportion

and the percentage is around 10-12% 15 is a lot.but i wouldn t regard the dyno results as the bible.they are not 100% acurrate especially at high speeds

Thats just it, the dyno results, the manufactures claim, the varience between individual machines, and the drivetrain loss from crank to rear wheel are all just averages, at best.

My point was that the bike appeared to be within "spec" taking all these things into account.

·
Registered
409 Posts
agusta claims 170's with the 1000r the bike blows 165 hp on dynos all over the world . yamaha says a high 170's an the bike blows 156 hp . thats odd .

an like i said either chuck is making the stock bike look woarse then it is to try to make people think his pipes will give u 20 hp . no freakin way 20 hp from an full system . if so yamaha needs to fire thier exump engineers , they are fucking up the r1 bad .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts