MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm newly registered but have been using this forum for my DIY stuff for years. Thanks to you all for your knowledge and expertise!

That being said, I have an issue. I was riding last year and the bike went into a sort of limp mode. 07, just under 4k, did a full tune up a few hundred miles beforehand. Started to smell gas, rough idle, died at low RPMs and when stopped. I said 'F it' and put it away for the winter, then a few months ago I took it out. I changed the plugs again, the relay next to the fuse box on the right side(noticed corrosion on the tabs) put in a new fuel filter with the tune up. After this occurred I did the pre-filter since it was varnished and threw in a new fuel pump for giggles since the old one sounded weak. I also tested the ignition coils with a multimeter and they all seem fine. Fired it up and it does the same thing. Sounds like a duc, intermittently sounds right, then goes back to quacking(duc sounds).

As far as I have read, this bike doesn't have the EBS, but other posts similar to my problem all point to a malfunctioning EBS. Any help is appreciated. I've even been on the phone with my local MV dealer and they're stumped too. I really don't want to bring the bike in because it would be a huge pain. I'm comfortable working on the old girl myself, I just don't know what else to try.

For reference the bike now has all new NGK plugs, OEM pre and post pump filters, AEM pump, oberon slave cylinder, samco hoses, jetprime pump, fan switch, cat delete and wrapped exhaust from the headers to the mufflers. Plus every scrap of carbon I could find for it short of the nose, airbox and tail (I like the pearl black)

This pic is old, she has the carbon belly and airbox sides now too.
Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mitchy, yes. I am talking about the sock. And I can't get her up to temp because... of my problem. Last I checked they DID get hot, which is why I wrapped them. It helped with the temperature a little. Not much, but was noticeable.

Esq'z, I don't know about the ecu because I haven't looked into it. I DID look around in the place on the 1000S where the matchbox is supposed to be and didn't see it, hence why I'm asking. If I saw it, I would have went ahead and just replaced it.

And I'm in New Yorkistan... about and hour or so north of NYC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, it's definitely an R, with the two plugs on the ECU. I am aware the coils are part of the wires. And now that I'm trying to remember how I tested them, I think I'm hallucinating and actually just checked the plugs. I've looked for replacement coils other than the OEM ones and all I can find are the Moto Corse ones.

Haven't had a chance to do the tank prop thing. But will try it.

So the bike doesn't have EBS? But the symptoms all point to an EBS malfunction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just out of curiosity, where can I find a new set of ignition coils without going to a dealer? Everywhere I've found online for the Beru coils is out of stock or discontinued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts