MV Agusta Forum banner

07 F4 to my door SOON! with no high fructose corn syrup!

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Gixxergone 
#1 ·
Waiting on a 07 r 4500 mi blk/gry to be transported from texas, :yo: should have my first MV by the end of next week! :f4:

Already planning cooling mods, gas line fittings, and Mitch's hub.

#4 ·
I'm in winston NC about an hour north of Charlotte.

No partially hydrogenated oils or MSG. Just single ingredient pasta baby!:mouthwate

I currently eat rice, but my Italian 1000 corse meal is making my mouth water. Should be here by Tuesday.

Trying to figure out how to tell the wife I've got another 1000$ to spend on the mv, and that no, I really don't plan on selling the cbr. :thewife:

#6 ·
Thanks Andrew, I will need it. She keeps asking when I am going to put it on craigslist and Ebay, and I tell her i'll get to it in a bit, but in my head i'm screaming "NEVER!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

#8 ·
So how is this girl working out for you? I bought an 07 with 5,000 miles and almost had the airbox well nut disaster so get rid of those if you haven't ran into this problem yet. I installed the Microtec M226 ECU, the Design Corse Upgraded water pump and Samco upgraded hose kit and have but 1,500 cold miles on her and it's a beast. Still trying to get the map right and it is stuck at an idle of 2,000 when hot but will hopefully figure that out soon. Hope it's going good for you.

#13 ·
Hi Gixxergone yes, it’s been a great bike for me over the years, once you get all the known maintenance issues sorted, they are pretty bullet proof. It’s been a road bike, a track bike (my first) and a track bike on the road. I’ve sent it down the track wrong way up a few times, once in a marvelous high side. Every time she’s gone right back together and still rides as good as the first day I climbed on. Pretty much all thanks to the people on this forum. Good luck with yours, Do your wellnuts, check your hub torque, do the fuel canister mod and find Joe’s radiator bracket (does he still make those?)once you get the fuel maps sort it out it’ll ride like a dream
Be fair. Not many put 'fructose' and 'corn syrup' into the search field!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I believe this is one of or maybe my first post on the forum. Fun that it got dredged up. It’s funny that @R1andrew was telling me good luck about telling the wife I was going to spend $1000 on the F4, Little did I know I was talking to the ultimate master.
Where is Ian? He has been very quiet
Hi George, it’s true, I haven’t been on here lately as the poor bikes have been sitting neglected in their garage downstairs. I feel like I’m almost always perpetually “almost “caught up enough to actually throw some time at them and get them the TLC they deserve. When I start tinkering on them again I’m sure you’ll see me become more active once more. Hope you are well and give our love to Charlotte.

#11 ·
As a fellow owner of a 2007 F4R with 12k miles on it, I'd highly recommend you check your valve clearances and while in there double check that the cam drive sprocket bolts are properly secured with thread locker. My intake cam bolts were not installed with thread locker (exhaust cam sprocket was) and as a result a bolt came loose, broke off and caused lots of destruction. So easy to check with the valve cover off yet so expensive if they're bad.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.