MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting my 1000r the starter turns over a few times and seems to disengage. At first I thought it was the battery as it was 6 years old so I changed it but the symptom is still present. The starter turns over quickly but just stops. The engine will eventually start after a few prods and hasn't let me down, but I am worried it will leave me stranded. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers, Tont

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the starter motors are a bit weak in them because they are so small. My starter motor gave up on my 2009 F4, with only 4000k's on the bike. When I pulled it apart, all four internal magnets had come loose from their glue.

·
Registered
14,199 Posts
glued magnets?

glued magnets??????

for a 100 years they bolted the magnets in, then some fuckwad in accounting heard about glue.....

Hey, its cheaper......than a screw, but when the glue fails......
bump start or walk common BMW R bike problem

stupid wankers:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
glued magnets??????

for a 100 years they bolted the magnets in, then some fuckwad in accounting heard about glue.....

Hey, its cheaper......than a screw, but when the glue fails......
bump start or walk common BMW R bike problem

stupid wankers:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:
Tell it like it is Noel :naughty:

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
When starting my 1000r the starter turns over a few times and seems to disengage. At first I thought it was the battery as it was 6 years old so I changed it but the symptom is still present. The starter turns over quickly but just stops. The engine will eventually start after a few prods and hasn't let me down, but I am worried it will leave me stranded. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers, Tont

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

If you'd like a starter motor to try to check yours is ko'd or ok let me know...also a starter solenoid too first check ..I got one of those too ..

Wellesbourne ; ) ?

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts