1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
If it's a 1000 Senna, which the wheels point towards, then the number would be on the top steering yoke. You're right in saying that all the bits that make it a Senna is missing, and most of the parts he's got there like the ECU, is not for that bike.
It's not worth what he wants for it if you wanted to return it into it's previous glory, that would cost a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like right base parts....I'd ask for a pic of the senna plate on triple clamp.....the price is decent. But fair bit work....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a little out of my price range right now, plus it would be hard to justify buying another mv project when I'm still working on finishing the 05 I have and building the vfr. Just thought it was interesting, hopefully somebody out there has the resources to bring this bike back.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
"a 2007 MV Agusta Senna #265 with lot of MV Agusta F4 1000 parts"

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Even if it isn't a SENNA that is still a good price.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You think so Daniel, I recon you might be close, but there's a lot of money to spend on that bike before it will be street legal, even if not as a Senna.
Here is Aus I would pay that price in a heartbeat (if I had the money), just to get the motor, wheels and forks.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I think so. But CAG would know best.

The motor if it really has 800miles is worth a very bucks.
The wheels looks in great shape, and they are not cheap.
The frame is worth a few bucks with a matching title.

Yes, it will cost money to make it street worthy again. I think $4,000 but I could be wrong.

There's a forum member with a SPR for a track bike that came from similar beginnings.

At least there is money in the parts.
If it has the certificate, which by the way come to think of it, I need to find the one for mine :cool:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
On another note,
I wouldn't buy it unless I could physically go see it or have someone I just physically see it and take pictures.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Footpegs are Senna, Tambo, style, besides the wheel, red frame, etc. Looks like a Senna from here.

Looks like all he lacks is the tail and seats to have it on the road!!
I thought it sold on eBay a couple of months ago? (see thread The Castle referred to).
Maybe the deal fell through.

Wish I had some coins to spare.....Bet if CAG was still doing the bike breaking thing instead of supplying your local militia he would be on this.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Footpegs are Senna, Tambo, style, besides the wheel, red frame, etc. Looks like a Senna from here.

Looks like all he lacks is the tail and seats to have it on the road!!
I thought it sold on eBay a couple of months ago? (see thread The Castle referred to).
Maybe the deal fell through.

Wish I had some coins to spare.....Bet if CAG was still doing the bike breaking thing instead of supplying your local militia he would be on this.
Fully agree on it being a 1000 Senna Ed and Dave. The foot pegs are standard as on other post 1000S F4's.
Looks like the bike sold to the next guy, who also gave up.:naughty:

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
The foot pegs are standard as on other post 1000S F4's.
Really....looking at the photos in the original listing on the forum thise are the more flat, milled pegs, like on a Tamo or CC....not the crappy cast ones that are on all the "normal" bikes.

Could be wrong, but I looked real close after you said that.

At any rate, I think it's a hell of a deal. Make a great track bike if you didn't want to restore it, and you could sell a lot of those bits he accumulated and more than pay for the track body work and some other race goodies. The dang headlight alone is worth a tidy sum.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Really....looking at the photos in the original listing on the forum thise are the more flat, milled pegs, like on a Tambo or CC....not the crappy cast ones that are on all the "normal" bikes.

Could be wrong, but I looked real close after you said that.

At any rate, I think it's a hell of a deal. Make a great track bike if you didn't want to restore it, and you could sell a lot of those bits he accumulated and more than pay for the track body work and some other race goodies. The dang headlight alone is worth a tidy sum.
My apologies Ed, I can't zoom in for shit on this phone, truth be told, I never realised or have forgotten that the Senna had fancy pegs on standard brackets.
I agree on the track bike option, as I've said before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts