MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How limited are they? Anyone know production #'s and approx. how many are for the US?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I was told the first batch had defective paint on the tanks which is the case with the one at Pro Italia. They are waiting for a replacement.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Drew said:
From what I was told the first batch had defective paint on the tanks which is the case with the one at Pro Italia. They are waiting for a replacement.
mmmmmmmmmm these are bad signs, The UK flooded with cheap 05 model 1000's and bad paint getting out or past the quality control, the last time this type of thing happened was in 01 when they were in the s*** financially

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
odonata said:
bad paint? how about the subframes of all their F4 1000(Senna and 1000s)? http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2590
Just had a look at mine, it's perfect, although saying that the bike was hit from the rear when a month old and had a replacement new subframe fitted from a 750 (different part numbers, but identical to look at)..........looking at it I would swear it's anodised and not painted?

·
Registered
279 Posts
300 worldwide ,and i "heard" from friend at Cagiva 55 to US. But i am sure they will send them WHEREVER they can sell 'em
Drew said:
How limited are they? Anyone know production #'s and approx. how many are for the US?

·
Registered
925 Posts
I think my 750 subframe is anodised too, it is really tuff and durable, dont know why they went to paint. I have cleaned mine with thinners to get some staining off near the exhaust brackets, no paint just clean silver anodise....i think. V nice finish....when did they change it then?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
JamesC said:
Mike, do you remember when that was? Was it brutale 750 release in 03 that we first started seeing that? Late 2003?
I thought it was 01/02 James, but I am not 100% sure, it was when the Senna's were appearing, some came with carbon tubes, some with covers, some with plastic and I did hear some came not complete!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think that Cagiva ripped off the Senna 1000 owners, no RG3 for a $30K bike????? I think that is not right...but that is just me...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased the second one in from GP in San Diego. There are no defects at all. 300 made world wide . 65 to the US.It is $12,000 less than the Tamburini.The Tamburini is wonderfull. I like the looks of the Senna better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts