MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an ex demo 2007 910r Brutale. It only had 200kms on it, and i got it at a good price so i was stoked. However, when braking hard the other day pre-speedhump, the bike shuddered a lot and the headlight lens popped out and smashed all over the road (much to the amusement of a group of youths standing next to said speedhump!) I contacted the local MV dealer near Sydney (Australia), and was told it will cost $880......for a piece of glass! I know you can expect to pay more for auto-exotica but this seems ridiculous. Anyone know where to source this part cheaper. Also, is this a common problem, and how do i ensure it doesn't happen again?

·
Registered
215 Posts
:popcorn:i had a simular experience with my 910s, i was washing it and it fell off and smashed. not good.
There are quite a few threads on here about that, yes it is a problem. my dealership replaced mine under warranty it's probably worth trying that route as they do know about it.
yes they are mega bucks over in the u.k they wanted £565.00 plus labour to fit it .
good luck with that one mate,

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I recently purchased an ex demo 2007 910r Brutale. It only had 200kms on it, and i got it at a good price so i was stoked. However, when braking hard the other day pre-speedhump, the bike shuddered a lot and the headlight lens popped out and smashed all over the road (much to the amusement of a group of youths standing next to said speedhump!) I contacted the local MV dealer near Sydney (Australia), and was told it will cost $880......for a piece of glass! I know you can expect to pay more for auto-exotica but this seems ridiculous. Anyone know where to source this part cheaper. Also, is this a common problem, and how do i ensure it doesn't happen again?
This is known design defect. Contact your dealer and put in a claim even if iti s out of warranty period. It is simply not fit for purpose...This happened to my friends Brutale.

You could fit a round headlight to it so that you can continue to ride whillst the issue is resolved for you.

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Mate, welcome to the forum. Sorry about the bad luck. Send a PM to this guy http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=3135 , he deals in secondhand gear, top fella, and then silicone the next one in.

BTWm there is a dealer in EU selling complete units now for about $900AU, alexthenext, search it.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey why nor fit a 2010 1090 front light on ,they look great,wonder if it would fit,might steal my mates one.just a thought might look good ?:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey why nor fit a 2010 1090 front light on ,they look great,wonder if it would fit,might steal my mates one.just a thought might look good ?:popcorn:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Happened to mine to, is a warranty fix even if bike is out of warranty, won't cost a dime. Inner mirror gets replaced to, ride without the lens till they get the part, Avoid gravel roads. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have continued riding it, just avoiding rain and gravel. I will try to get it gratis through the dealer, but failing that i will try the link from Donsy. Cheers, Murray.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Excellent !!!
:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::popcorn:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts