MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw an '07 up on eBay 2 weeks ago with an opening bid of 17K US. Nobody bid on it and it closed. I contacted the dealer and found out the 17K opening bid was just a teaser, but in fact they'd take 16K for it. MV is sponsoring the program to clear out the '07 models to make way for the homologation special 312s (mentioned in other theads). Still, paying 16K for a status bike with 23K on the sticker seems to devalue the brand. I suppose the low price is a combination of the MV incentive plan and lagging end of year sales. Soooo, it you're looking to jump at an upgrade, dealers are clearing them out... at least in South Florida they are.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Make sure you ask them if they will add the dealer prep and destination charges. I got a heck of a deal on mine, but I still had to pay those (US$1180)

·
Registered
155 Posts
i just bought mine 1000r on the 27th for 16,595.00 + 400.00 prep, plus some free stuff, 10% off parts. it had 0 miles they told me it was suppose to be demo bike but never used it. Kelly Blue Book has it list at mid 20k.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KBB is worthless in assigning value, particularly for a niche motorcycle. Still, at the price they're selling them for, at least we feel like we're getting a deal. I'm a fan of discounting when I'm looking for a bike, but I'm not a fan of discounting on future iterations of the bike I already have. That cheapens the brand.

·
Registered
225 Posts
mrdon003 said:
i just bought mine 1000r on the 27th for 16,595.00 + 400.00 prep, plus some free stuff, 10% off parts. it had 0 miles they told me it was suppose to be demo bike but never used it. Kelly Blue Book has it list at mid 20k.
That's a great deal. Wow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts