MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out the stock front brake MC for a radial Brembo 19x20 MC. What a huge improvement. Awesome power and feel. This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to get the full benefit of the Nissin 6-piston calipers.

If you are interested in better braking, you need to check this set up out.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
nice mod
i had an ap racing one fitted to my rc51/sp1 from the standard one and the feeling on that was unbelievable
1 finger braking on mountain twisties

i might go this route for the mv

changing disc and pads 1st seems a bit of a waste when this mod normally cures most problems 1st

just my 2p's worth

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
charliep said:
I swapped out the stock front brake MC for a radial Brembo 19x20 MC. What a huge improvement. Awesome power and feel. This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to get the full benefit of the Nissin 6-piston calipers.

If you are interested in better braking, you need to check this set up out.
What brake lines did you go with?

Alex

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not need to change the brake lines. It works. You can also get a 90deg transition. The leads from the brake switch just clear the air runner.

I did need to remove the right clip on and releave a small amount of the webbing to get clearance for the Brembo mount. I also had to remove the locating pin in the switch housing to properly position. Slight rotation of the throttle twist grip to celar the resv. I made the mount by modifying a MC mount that I had from a Ducati 996.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
charliep said:
I did not need to change the brake lines. It works. You can also get a 90deg transition. The leads from the brake switch just clear the air runner.

I did need to remove the right clip on and releave a small amount of the webbing to get clearance for the Brembo mount. I also had to remove the locating pin in the switch housing to properly position. Slight rotation of the throttle twist grip to celar the resv. I made the mount by modifying a MC mount that I had from a Ducati 996.
That's interesting.

I was looking at the fitment of the Brembo 19X20 on my bike with the OEM lines and didn't like what I saw. The Brembo MC has the exit on the bottom, whereas the OEM exit is to the side (parallel with the clipon). A 90-deg elbow would help a lot, but I'm not aware of an adapter.

My issue was that the OEM lines were under a lot of tension with the Brembo, and that was with the suspenion at rest. What concerned me was situations where the front end would come up, like a corner exit, or a wheelie. The the suspension would go to the fully extened position, but the brake lines wouldn't allow it!

Do you have some slack with your setup? Is there a nice loop in the brake lines so the suspenion can lengthen?

Just asking. Again, 'cuz I wasn't able to get my 19x20 on there with the OEM lines.

Thanks,
Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts