MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2006 MV Agusta 910s | 1978 Honda CB750K
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there have been a couple threads on the forum over the years of clip-on endeavors, but wanted to share my experience for anyone considering them.

As I had them on my Ducati Monster with fantastic results, I reached out to Woodcraft to see if they would be able to make a custom 58mm set of their clipons to throw on the massive forks of the 910. They stated they would be able to for a small (additional $75 I think?) surcharge for tooling. Fantastic experience, and would recommend them to anyone for both communication and quality. They arrived a month later with a set of 7/8" bars (thanks Covid) and were a perfect fit. Had help from my local shop throwing them on, as I was already having them replace the old worn steering head/bearing combo. Ignore the mis-matched grips: throttle tube had a small crack so i'm waiting on a new one to get here before adding the matching domino on the right side.

While in there the shop was kind enough to also re-pin the headlight connector (bike came with a headlight off a 675 for some reason) and lube / adjust the kick-stand.

Before the bike felt like a brute; now the MV feels like a weapon. Though the riding position is aggressive and likely not for everyone, I was surprised by the comfortability of the ergos for me (6'5). This summer will be filled with many smiles-per-gallon of fun.

Attachments

· Premium Member
270 Posts
Very nice. I considered doing the same on my 910S but I wanted to find a new triple clamp to do away with bar mount. Toyed with taking it to machine shop to either remove or replicate a new one. Never did find an aftermarket one.,

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very nice. I considered doing the same on my 910S but I wanted to find a new triple clamp to do away with bar mount. Toyed with taking it to machine shop to either remove or replicate a new one. Never did find an aftermarket one.,
NM-1, I was considering doing the same thing next as well - have my eye on a black top yoke if I can find one.

Photograph White Light Product Font

· Premium Member
3,973 Posts
Good job! How did you manage to get the clip-ons to mount given the tight tolerance of the headlight bracket? What was done? I ended up with Rizoma lower bars and Galespeed Elaborate MCs. New lines arrive within days. I assume you changed all your lines, correct? The setup I'm using greatly improves the ergonomics and handling.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good job! How did you manage to get the clip-ons to mount given the tight tolerance of the headlight bracket? What was done? I ended up with Rizoma lower bars and Galespeed Elaborate MCs. New lines arrive within days. I assume you changed all your lines, correct? The setup I'm using greatly improves the ergonomics and handling.
EBBO, appreciate it! It was extremely tight, but we were able to squeeze it in without fouling, given the woodcraft design (lucky, but it works). You will absolutely have to take headlight bracket off to tighten down the clamps though, so it will take some back and forth of getting their location dialed in.

Lines are all stock, surprisingly. We just had to rotate the brake and clutch line banjoes so they arc up and then back down behind the light. It's a bit unconventional, but didn't constrict the lines at all and now looks like the thing has horns on either side of the clock.

Couldn't be happier with the resulting input precision and ergonomics.

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
NM-1, I was considering doing the same thing next as well - have my eye on a black top yoke from eMoto in the UK. Check them out -

View attachment 491529
This is a defunct company infamous for stealing your money..... please DO NOT post any thing related to them.

Reactions: giorgio959

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
@giorgio959 ... the F4 uses a steering stop that has a bit less fork swing from side to side. You may want to install one of those with your clip-ons.
Plumbing fixture Sink Bathroom Plumbing Gas

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@giorgio959 ... the F4 uses a steering stop that has a bit less fork swing from side to side. You may want to install one of those with your clip-ons.
View attachment 491532
Interesting, will definitely look into it. I was able to retain the stock brutale full-lock without compromised hand-room thankfully - would this just restrict it a bit further?

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
Yes... a little less total swing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.