MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over at the BMW K1200S site... www.I-BMW.com Thought I’d post it here as well....

A good buddy of mine stopped by earlier today as he wanted me to help him install some 3M material on his new toy.. his 2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R.. aka.. the worlds fastest production motorcycle.

Anyway.. He had never ridden my new K1200S.. and I had never ridden the 1000cc version of the F4 (I own an 03 F4) so after we got the material on his bike and hit the road, we swapped for about 20 miles up on the BRPW..

I usually describe the K1200S's power as godlike to anyone who asks.. and it is at 165hp.... until you get on the new F4.. Geezus.. I can honestly say we “S” owners are children of a lessor god. The MV is simply the finest, fastest, pure sport bike I have ever ridden. While it doesn’t make the S seem slow... it truly defines the term.. “scary-fast.” Power is instantaneous and at almost any RPM.. I could easily get in trouble with this bike which is why I would NOT trade in my lowly 137hp 750 for the new bike.. An individual would have to have lots of willpower to ride the bike sanely.. and I honestly don’t think I posses enough..

It’s about 130lbs lighter than the S and has about 12 more hp, I think.. Impressive.

Leaves are already turning at the higher elevations and the leave-peepers are already out in geriatric force.. crossing lanes, running off the roads, creeping along at 10 below the 45 speed limit.. . In another week or so it’ll be serious traffic up on the BRPW..

Anyway.. thought I’d share..

PS.. a special thx to DYL for trusting me enough to deflower the Italian beauty.. :yo:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
People give me shit for having a white bike....

but that is one SERIOUSLY white BMW!!!!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Totally agree. I thought the K1200s was powerful until I rode the F4 1000. The power is astounding. But there's still a place for the BMW (touring). I agree with Greg - (at least) one of each. BTW...that is one wild K12s. :guitarist

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Reopropf said:
MV has soul...to me K1200S was soulless.

F4R=Nasty nice, like a mistress should be.

The is no doubt which one I want to sleep with.
both bikes are great
the K1200S has as much "soul" as the MV....
it's just different.... maybe NOT YOUR cup of tea (which is fine)..... but, to say that it has no soul... completely UNtrue

ride one again... they are great

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
257 Posts
Pirate said:
.. his 2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R.. aka.. the worlds fastest production motorcycle.

The F4-1000R is the worlds fastest 1000CC motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Greg,

I owned both K1200 and KGT...both GREAT sport-tourers.

Considered '06 K1200S...after an afternoon in the saddle IT DID NOT STIR ME.

You're right...very different. BMW lacked "soul"

Peter

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Reopropf said:
Greg,

I owned both K1200 and KGT...both GREAT sport-tourers.

Considered '06 K1200S...after an afternoon in the saddle IT DID NOT STIR ME.

You're right...very different. BMW lacked "soul"

Peter
i have the '07 GT... but, glad that the have the '07 910R as a great compliment to the BMW...
i spend a lot of time traveling long distances, when i can....
you can't do that on a Brutale, of course.

no bike is perfect, of course.
personally, i'll be more IN TOUCH with the SOUL of my MV when the pathetic fuel injection at low revs is sorted out....
it's still embarrassing that they let the bikes out of italy with that "feature."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
when bmw has fuel injection problems.... and they've had more than a few....
they constantly update their software, which is uploaded into your bike for free....

why hasn't MV had any software updates to fix the LIGHT-SWITCH fuel injection embarrassment?

i guess they don't give a damn once you buy the bike.... it surely seems that way to me (the exhaust issues would also indicate the validity of my claim)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lately, I'm thinking this "big hit" that the 1000R has is a massive hole in the powerband like a few people have described from dyno runs...

Not too cool.

I want to ride one of those BMWs, but only out of curiosity. I'm not really sure I'd want a bike like that.

Nice pics Jerry.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree with you about BMW always updating.. improving, but... The Light-Switch throttle problem has apparently been worked out.. at least on this 2007 R... Before the ride I was wondering about it as I have the problem with my 03 F4 and NOTHING I have tried, including praying to pagan gods, has fixed it.. The 1000R did NOT have the problem.. Gone.. fixed... Throttle action was perfectly linear. That was just icing on the cake...

as far as someone here saying the K1200S is soulless... THat couldn't be farther from the truth..and I say that as someone who didn't like the bike for the first 500 miles and crticized it publicly.... Now that I have put a few miles on it and she's broken in.. shifting smoother, running smoother... figured out the Hossack front end.. I now think it is simply the best motorcycle I've ever owned.. Some may be a little faster.. or handle a little better.. or have bigger breasts..etc.. but.. This bike rocks and you can ride it all day..The Italians make wood-giving, beautiful motorcycles but so does BMW... and the Germans actually bless us with .. listen up Italy.. FUEL GAUGES.. :stickpoke

My F4 perfectly compliments my K1200S...Would be very hard to give up either one. I am one lucky bastage..

spalding12 said:
when bmw has fuel injection problems.... and they've had more than a few....
they constantly update their software, which is uploaded into your bike for free....

why hasn't MV had any software updates to fix the LIGHT-SWITCH fuel injection embarrassment?

i guess they don't give a damn once you buy the bike.... it surely seems that way to me (the exhaust issues would also indicate the validity of my claim)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
nice to hear from you jerry. always fun reading your posts, and nice pics too. BMW bikes are a thing unto their own. so you couldn't see yourself on the 1000R up on the dragon huh? ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing.. the guy that owns the 1000R lives in Robbinsville.. just a few miles from the Dragon which (he tells me) is just about the only place he will be riding it...

Wish I had his lowend torque, but.. I'll suffer through with my lowly 750.. :naughty:

style_one said:
nice to hear from you jerry. always fun reading your posts, and nice pics too. BMW bikes are a thing unto their own. so you couldn't see yourself on the 1000R up on the dragon huh? ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ha! Pirate, I was surfing the k-bikes site last nite because I would love to own one next to my Brutale and saw your post. I was wondering if it was someone from this board. No doubt that the F41000R is a great bike. But I would love to have that K1200S for all day riding.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Come on Jerry...I respect what you say and look forward to your posts and we've been on both BMW and MV forums for years. Also, I have purchased goods from you and visit your site often; not many Reopropf's out there. Please repect me more than calling me "somone," even though I am not G*d-like, just his instrument.

My name is Peter.

Besides that, I agree wholeheartedly that a BMW and an MV are a GREAT combination of cycles to own/ride. I will try to get some more saddle time on one of the new BMW's. I hated MV's when I first got on them; it took a year before I was "comfortable."

:friday:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts