MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a couple of choices for my first new bike...a 2006 910s with 1800 miles or a 2008 910r with 3400 miles. I really love the red 06, but the pearl white/black 08 looks ok to me. How much performance difference is there really?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Engine diff. is minimal, the advantage of the R is lighter wheels, better brakes, and the '08 has slightly more reliable electrics.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
08 910R FTW!

go the 08 just for the better electrics.

·
Registered
867 Posts
910R for sure!!!! the lighter wheels make huge difference to the handling, if you want to upgrade the 910S then your looking at several thousand $. The brakes are awesome and they're radial, i upgraded my 2 piece brembo radials to one piece and they are even better but with the 910R you get the radial bottoms which cost again roughly $1K if you were to upgrade the 910S. And lets face it we all want the best wheels and brakes if only for bragging rights, the 910R has it all.

James

·
Registered
876 Posts
If that's USD, 9500 is pretty steep for an 06 S model. In any case it's a no brainer. The 08 R is the wiser choice. I too think the single color scheme in red or orange is more attractive though.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The 08 Models have a few improvements, not all improvements are desirable though. For example, you can't fit a de-cat to the 08 model unless you replace all the headers as well. Also a Power commander needs to be fitted by a garage who knows their stuff or else you will have to get a whole performance ECU. But then you have more hp to start with so its still better to get the 910R over the older 910S. especially at those prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts