MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I am wrong,
I am thinking upgrade my 05-F4 1000 to 07-09 F4 here are the lists I would need.

1- hardness cable
2-ECU/ or race ecu
3- New TPS

Do you think my 05-F4 1000 would it gain some 10-20hp after those about upgrade? would the engine handle it?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The TPS should be on the throttle body of the engine you are upgrading to. You don't need to change it. Just the wire harness and ECU. You may have to change or re wire the switch for the blinkers/horn/headlight and the starter switch. If I remember correctly on the '07 models are wired differently.

·
Administrator
20,385 Posts
Ignition coils.....stick coils for each cylinder on the 5SM models.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The TPS should be on the throttle body of the engine you are upgrading to. You don't need to change it. Just the wire harness and ECU. You may have to change or re wire the switch for the blinkers/horn/headlight and the starter switch. If I remember correctly on the '07 models are wired differently.
if I upgrade those above items, Do you think I can get 10-20hp more Carl?

Ignition coils.....stick coils for each cylinder on the 5SM models.
Thanks,

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Are you talking about swapping out the entire engine, or just changing the parts we are discussing. In my opinion just changing those items will result in no noticeable increase in horse power.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about swapping out the entire engine, or just changing the parts we are discussing. In my opinion just changing those items will result in no noticeable increase in horse power.
I see, thank you so much Carl

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
You'll have to change the engine Phil to to get any benefit ; )

The later engine has a camshaft position sensor too and the ebs relay function is now provided by the ecu rendering the "matchbox" ebs relay redundant...

joe

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts