MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My apologies that my first posting is such an intriguing question. I have watched the postings for a while now and I know I will get good feedback!

I have a 910R currently on order. Howerver the dealership has a brand new F4 1000 S Special Ed. Blue/Silver for sale, it comes with the factory seat as well as the Alcantra Seat and Pad. Including freight and setup he has offered to me at $19,500.00.

First question is this a good price? I have obsessed over the 910R so much that I am not super familiar with the 1000s. I also recently purchased a BMW R 1200ST from the same dealer for my touring needs.

Which one will have a better resale three years down the road?

Both are drop dead sexy, this is tough to pick. What would you do?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, its brand new. I thought it was a steal, the dealer said only 30 of the blue and silver came to the USA. Does this sound about right?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I don't think the silver & blue ones are "limited edition"... Certainly it's a standard color for 2006; the price of US$19,500., is it "out the door" price including tax and all fees? if it is, that for sure is a great price especially including freight + Alcantara seat...

FYI, my local dealer is asking the MSRP of 21,495. for their bl/sil 05 F41000S, plus tax and fees, no Alcantara seat, no freight, there were 2 of those when I was there the last time.

If you have the cash, you can certainly buy it, ride it until the 910R gets here and decide if you want to keep it, or which one you want to keep, if you don't want the F4, sell it before the end of the years for the price you paid for.

Its hard to say which will hold the value more, the only way to know for sure in reality is to put them both on the market... although the 910R isn't a 300 bike limited edition like the Ago, Tamburini or Senna it is still a nicer bike and a more special and rare bike than the standard 910.

If you don't want that F4 right now, I am sure there will be people here that will be very interested in the bargain... right, admin? :toothless

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your responses.

It is an out the door price, it is a 2005 model. He referred to it as a special edition, but not really sure. If its not a special edition would it make since that only 30 blue and silver iwere delivered to the US?

Good point on the riding position, I have never had a flat out sportsbike like this. Even with the 910R I know its not set up for the long haul which is why I purchased the R 1200 ST. \

How much was that seating option worth, anyone know?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sounds to me like it is a 2005 SP limited edition kit model. 300 Were available in total world wide.

Basically it started out as a Silver / Blue model and got the SP parts.

Does it look like this :

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-S_Viper.html

Notice the big MV logo on the side fairings...

The only thing that makes me doubt this is the prie they want to sell it for.

It's probably a normal 2005 Silver / Blue and they are yanking your crank about it being a "Special" limited model of 30.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
It is an out the door price, it is a 2005 model. He referred to it as a special edition, but not really sure. If its not a special edition would it make since that only 30 blue and silver iwere delivered to the US?
I just don't know if the number is true... although 30 sounds very little, you will have to consider how many 2005 F4S 1000 total was imported, I can't imagine it's that many... Another thing is that quite a bit more people on this forum prefer the traditional red/silver scheme over the silver and blue as I remember from an old thread, I am not sure if that's an indication that people out there feel that way too... so only 30 blue imported because it is less popular? and for that reason your dealer is lowering the price? I am simply speculating.

How much was that seating option worth, anyone know?
I don't have the answer but that depends on if it is a MV special part or an aftermarket item, there are dealers doing their own Alcantara seats too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I knew how to insert a photo of the bike I would. It does not have the large MV graphic on the side. It does have the 37 wins logo, but I think all of these bikes have this.

Is 19,500 out the door still a good price for a normal 05?

I didn't see the poll on the color, but for myself, the blue is the only way to go. Both are incredible though.

·
Registered
593 Posts
then 19,500 is a more than good price. i highly suggest if you havent to test ride the bikes. the 1000 is very extreme in regards to riding position. its not a cruise down the block, drive long distance bike, obviously. its a race bike for twisties and tracks. the Brutale is a perfect all around bike good for everything, and just a bit less powerful. i've owned both, and prefer riding the Brutale, however I would like to own another 1000 as well someday. again, it comes down to usage in the end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Triple 7, I really appreciate the advice. That is my big conern right now is that I have never had that aggresive of bike. I would hate not to do the bike justice.

How do you get files shrunk far enough to post, my computer won't even let me save that low.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
brady280 said:
Triple 7, I really appreciate the advice. That is my big conern right now is that I have never had that aggresive of bike. I would hate not to do the bike justice.
brady, I am very sorry to tell you that you will be in for a rude awakening. The F4's ergonomics makes no sense what-so-ever on the street but it's perfect for the track. That is not to say that you can't improve it and tour with it (Just ask JamesC). People complain about the harsh riding position of a Ducati 996 have never ridden the F4 for any appreciable distance.

Buying the F4 in my opinion is the equivalence of buying a Ferrari F355. A F355 is noisy, hard on your backside, harsh suspension with expensive upkeep but it produces wonderful engine sound at rev, go like a bat out of hell, corners like a gocart and be the topic of conversation at every parking lot you pull into. The F4 is a no compromise track-oriented motorcycle. Get a test ride before you plunk down the dough. Good luck!!! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that is my conern, will it be so akward that I won't feel comfortable riding it and getting used to it? The most aggressive bike I have been on is the new BMW k 1200 s and that is not very aggressive. Not opposed to the aggressive styling, I have the BMW for the longer trips.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Definetly sounds like a "Normal" 2005 F4-1000 Blue/Silver then.

19.5 OTD is good... Take it for a test ride.

I have ridden my F4-1000 500+ miles in a day with no problem.

However, I also ride my road bike (bicycle) 100+ miles in a day now and then so I am used to a bent over, rough ride. Heck, the road bike has rigid suspension and makes the F4 seat feel comfy !

:)

One day my body may not withstand the position of a sports bike, so I am enjoying it as much as I can while I am still able to and young !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its now 12:30am, still obsessing over the decision. I guess this is a good problem trying to decide between these two bikes. Haven't found and article or person yet that will trash the MV product other than from a price point.

Sometimes beauty cost!

Leaning towards the F4 after everyone's comments, I look forward to waking up and seeing some more thoughts on this purchase!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
awiner said:
Sounds to me like it is a 2005 SP limited edition kit model. 300 Were available in total world wide.

Couldn't be for that price! Sounds like thet have called it 'special' as its blue/silver as opposed to red/silver, but ALL MV's are special!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts