MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a plug under the seat next to ecu on my f4-1000 but that one doesn't communication with VDST, what is your advise should I do?
Best,
Phil

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Chuck, but 05-F4 hidden the plug some where, I went to cable from ECU to always to fuel injection to headlight cable none have extra plug beside the one under seat.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Sorry Phil!

I don't know why I was thinking F4 750...

Here is where the parts manual shows the Diagnostica Connection:

F4 1000 Diagnostic Connection.jpg

This is also where it is on the later first generation bikes. There is a physical cap over the end of the connection, but it is simply lying in the seat tray.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Chuck, but I can't get the VDST from Technoresearch reading from the plug, have anyone on here try that? if so what is your system or software that you guys using?

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
If you have the 5SM Magneti Marelli ECU, and you should, then Techno Research VDST is correct.

That is the tool that I use for my 312R and Brutale 1090RR. Are you sure you are set up correctly?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you have the 5SM Magneti Marelli ECU, and you should, then Techno Research VDST is correct.

That is the tool that I use for my 312R and Brutale 1090RR. Are you sure you are set up correctly?
I need a signal from the plug on bike to my pc but no signal so I can't get it communication to each other? I pluged in my 07-Senna it talked with each other so can get the reading on my screen pc

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Interesting, Phil...and annoying, I'm sure.

Have you checked the other end of the ECU/VDST Plug?
(I am not at home, so I can't go out to a bike and check things...)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Phil can you verify your cables work on the duc first? I have the same VDST and it worked on my 05 and my 07. HOWEVER I did find that it can be a little funky about com ports. Have you tried to use GUZZIDIAG? it works in my opinion better.. I also have an app that I paid for on Android only.. TuneECU,
I will be happy to drop the Guzzi files to you via gDrive or dropbox.
One other thing is that if you bought your fiat cables separate from the TechoResearch you may have to solder pins 4-5 together because there is a difference in the chipset and they dont bond the ground to the correct pin.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phil can you verify your cables work on the duc first? I have the same VDST and it worked on my 05 and my 07. HOWEVER I did find that it can be a little funky about com ports. Have you tried to use GUZZIDIAG? it works in my opinion better.. I also have an app that I paid for on Android only.. TuneECU,
I will be happy to drop the Guzzi files to you via gDrive or dropbox.
One other thing is that if you bought your fiat cables separate from the TechoResearch you may have to solder pins 4-5 together because there is a difference in the chipset and they dont bond the ground to the correct pin.
Do you have detail picture of solers pin 4-5? also please forward me a Guzzi files to [email protected]
Thank you,
Phil

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hate to be an idiot, but what will you do with this software?
Have av '05 F4 1000S that I've begun land speed racing with and want it to go faster. What do you think this package will do for me, if any thing? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so Jeff, I have to read 1-34 page now, I'll let you know maybe next Wednesday.
Have a great Holiday Weekend Sir!

·
Registered
185 Posts
You too, Phil

Hate to be an idiot, but what will you do with this software?
Have av '05 F4 1000S that I've begun land speed racing with and want it to go faster. What do you think this package will do for me, if any thing? Thanks.

CVPAC2
its a software that is used for engine maintenance. It wont get you any faster as it is, that is more bike mods.
Check out the section on the F41000s software the MERC sets up for some performance enhancements and EBS removal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi FL Ogborn,
I'm trying to connect the 3-pins diagnostic connector under the seat (2007 312R) using Fiat cable to an OBD wireless adapter but no luck.
OBD wireless adapter works fine on my car with iPhone app DashCmd. But no luck with MV.
Do you use Bluetooth OBD adapter to connect to your Android device and TuneECU app?
Which physical cable do you use to connect the 3-pins diagnostic connector under the seat with your OBD adapter?
Thanks in advance for you response and regards,
Andreas

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stradamille, I believe that the wireless OBD which works for a car (female pinout), will not necessarily work with bikes. The cars have an industry standard protocol of communication for on board diagnostics (the OBD II standard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics), but an equivalent does not exist yet for motorcycles (I heard here that this will change in 2017). So your wireless adapter may not read the signal from your bike because your bike's CAN High, CAN Low and KLine use a different standard from the one used in the OBD II.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts