MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for some forum wisdom here. I have a '05 brutale 750s with 50mm marzocchi fork. I bought it used, and have some serious pitting and chrome flake on both sliders. I am looking into re-chrome or DLC, but the cost of the repair is approaching the cost of a used set.

As I search eBay, etc., what will fit in my '05 triples? Will the 49mm showa stuff fit, or do the showas have a specific triple clamp that is unique? If the showas do fit, will my wheel and calipers bolt up? What about mv forks with radial brake designs? Besides obviously needing radial calipers, what about wheel and fender compatibilty?

I'm not really looking for a particular setup -- I just want to know what options I might have as I scour for used parts.

Thanks! -matt

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Marzocchi and Showa all fit the same triple clamps mate, and as long as you stick with non-radial is will be a easy swap.
To convert to radials you will need axle(spindle), axle nut, calipers etc. There might be a fork length difference but that is easy adjusted.
Mudguards(fender) etc will go straight on.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You should be able to source a pair of Marzocchis with the axial caliper mounts for under $400.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
hahaha

Hi, looking for some forum wisdom here. I have a '05 brutale 750s with 50mm marzocchi fork. I bought it used, and have some serious pitting and chrome flake on both sliders. I am looking into re-chrome or DLC, but the cost of the repair is approaching the cost of a used set.

As I search eBay, etc., what will fit in my '05 triples? Will the 49mm showa stuff fit, or do the showas have a specific triple clamp that is unique? If the showas do fit, will my wheel and calipers bolt up? What about mv forks with radial brake designs? Besides obviously needing radial calipers, what about wheel and fender compatibilty?

I'm not really looking for a particular setup -- I just want to know what options I might have as I scour for used parts.

Thanks! -matt
You should be able to source a pair of Marzocchis with the axial caliper mounts for under $400.
There you go - sorted :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts