MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I own another MV. Bought an 04 750 Brutale. Neat bike and a good price. I had a b3 800 I sold in Augest.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congratulations. Nice looking bike. How does it compare to the B3?
It's maybe a heavier bike, but the handling is second to none,and the 4 cylinder engine is excellent. Enjoy!

Dave.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will let you know after today.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to ride her and I had a fuel fountain. One of the plastic fittings had a hair line crack. She also has the old blue CDI. I diaelectric greased the sheet out of the connectors. Metal fittings to fallow. I also ordered a set of bearings for the rear hub. I will change as a precaution.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just curiosity, why did you sell the B3 and bought the B4???

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never found my happy place on the 800. I found the bike hard to ride at street speeds. Cool bike but I got a decent deal on the B4 so I did it. The 750 needs a little love and that helps me too. I like wrenching on bikes. I have a hard time putting my finger on it but the B3 never suited me. I rode a 675 F3 and the B3 never felt right after that.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Congrats! And I can understand that you favor the 4 over the 3.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fukkin OUTSTANDING!!!!

Yep I have a 4cyl brute. She has takin a bit of work to make her safe. She had no blinkers and a bad fuel leak. I fixed all that. Changed her oil and she seems very happy about that. I still love my Ducati though. I have to have a Ducati two valve in my life. It would be like living life without sex not to have one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I never found my happy place on the 800. I found the bike hard to ride at street speeds. Cool bike but I got a decent deal on the B4 so I did it. The 750 needs a little love and that helps me too. I like wrenching on bikes. I have a hard time putting my finger on it but the B3 never suited me. I rode a 675 F3 and the B3 never felt right after that.
Ok mate, have fun on the B4!
A great bike, I've had tons of fun on mine :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to say I get about 25 miles per gallon on this bike. That sucks, she is a thirsty bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Forza thinks so, She is running a tiny bit rich. I don't really know though. Runs great and has no decel popping. Also, fueling seems real nice. There is a small flat spot at about 3 or 4 thousand rpm. The throttle is not snatchy at all. She runs nice. She has the De-cat and Arrow exhaust.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Fuel warning light on my 2004 Brute 750 used to come on at around 190km.

Hey Rich, heard you had a wet Chrissie in Sydney/Central Coast?
I think it's now coming our way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Changed the right side hub bearing to a better one. It was about to go out. Re-greased the needle bearings while I was there.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Fuel warning light on my 2004 Brute 750 used to come on at around 190km.

Hey Rich, heard you had a wet Chrissie in Sydney/Central Coast?
I think it's now coming our way.
14mm in 10mins at one point, but only a total of 26mm over that night. Much thunder and lightening, it was very very frightening ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts