MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of another MV and ready to pull the trigger on either the '02 Senna or SPR. What's your call and why?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My vote goes with the SPR, while I prefer the looks of the Senna the SPR has the race engine and IMO is the cream of the 750 crop.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Drew said:
I'm considering the purchase of another MV and ready to pull the trigger on either the '02 Senna or SPR. What's your call and why?
What a choice!

Senna... my first love affair with MVs... purely gorgeous.
SPR... upgraded spec... ultimate 750.

No loser, but I say Senna... Guess I'm a sucker for those red wheels.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember someone posting THE FACTS stated by the factory regarding differences in engine internals between the 750 EV2, 3, Senna and SPR. Can someone direct me to the post.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just being slightly biased, try and find a 750SR, all the performance of the SPR, classic Red/Silver and about AUD$15k cheaper. (Easier to keep clean too!!)

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
The Senna! I think that in performance there will not be very much difference. Prefer the styling and it's easier to keep the paint in good condition.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
what do you find attractive about both? do you like the senna just because it's a senna, or the SPR because it's the ultimate 750? since you already have an ago, i would guess you don't care about the performance so much because neither will "outdo" that bike. both are exclusive bikes, but it depends on what you want them for. well, actually....at present the SPR is probably more exclusive since they have reprised the senna in 1000 form.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd say you have to be honest with yourself and decide which one speaks to you the most.

Which you'd be most likely to open a beer and just go stare at in the garage.

That's the one you buy.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Agree with luvtolean. The technical differences between the Senna (which is the same as an EVO2 and 3) and the SPR are not so great as to make the decision for you.

If you are the type of person who buys a bike then likes to fiddle with new cams and timing then get the SPR - it's done for you. Fact is the suspension would most likely be swapped for something bespoke in EITHER case if you were to get serious about those dynamics so we are down to cams and aesthetics.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your comments. And after reading the specs on the SPR vs. Senna, that certainly wasn't much help! However, as they're so close where it really counts, I'm leaning a bit more toward the Senna.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Where did you find the Senna...I had a hard time finding mine...I was in the same "dilemma" and I went with the Senna...unless you are racing competitively, the performance is so close it does not matter....for 99% of us on the street it really does not matter.....it's which one you like best and even perhaps which one is a better deal $$$$$ Just my humble opinion....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice thread!

I had a SPR and it's great. Then the Senna 1000 came out and both it whit the dealer taking my SPR. The Senna 1000 is great for road use because you have a lot of torque beneed. But for the track it has to much power for my riding skills :) Now I am considering to buy my SPR back from the dealer as it is still there and it's a hard bike to sell here in Belgium. everybody want's a 1000 or if it comes down to the price a regular 750s. I am still in doubt if I would get my SPR back or buy the Senna 750. the difference not that big but at then the SPR is the ultimate circuit bike and the Senna is more cosmetique. There have been 2 senna here that had problems with the cameshaft braking at high rev's. One, they replaced only the cilinder head (as damage was not so serious) the otherone got the new SPR engine but not with the long first gear ratio. I lean more over to the SPR as i have the ultimate senna 1000, but it would aswell be nice to have them both as a collection. It would be a lot easier if you have all the money in the world :))and get them both.

Anyway, I might stick with the SPR as it was mine and I know the history. But therefore it cant be sold before I get my €uro's together. we'll see time will tell.

At the end they are both great bike!

good luck with the decision Drew and let me know when the beauty arrives!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
b42day said:
The Senna 750 is an SPR as well....or so it says on the tach....so its the best of both worlds...
b42day; Well, yes and no.
MotoMorfose; Agree with your feelings about the 750 motor and track use. Just wondering if I get the SPR or the Senna if I'll actually be comfortable using it as my track bike....Parts are difficult and expensive. Understand your feelings about the 1000 vs. 750 however, since I already own the AGO its all good.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Parts difficult? I haven't really seen that. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how it's been for parts on this bike.

Expensive? For sure. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts