MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had someone steal things my garage and I lost my entire in tank fuel assembly.

I got a used one from a shop in Colorado off of a 2006 F4.
installed it as all is well. Bike fired right up.

However twist the throttle and lag in the rpms.
Take the bike out (struggles on setoff) and opening up the throttle you go nowhere. It feels like a 250 or less.
& Down shifting to a stop it builds to a backfire from the left side exhaust only.

I am just looking for a direction. I had an injector go before, so i am going to start there and the spark. I was just wondering if someone could cut down my diagnosis time.

thanks,
Jay

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
What have you done with the new fuel pump assembly before putting it into the tank ? Did you check the filter and hoses, which fittings are you using, it all sounds like fuel starvation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had mine running on 3 cilinders because the connector terminal on one injector had teared rendering the injector useless. Take off the airbox and run the engine, see if all injectors spray. Make sure nothing falls in the throttle bodies. Also check all sparks. Maybe one isn't firing because of a bad plug or coil.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What have you done with the new fuel pump assembly before putting it into the tank ? Did you check the filter and hoses, which fittings are you using, it all sounds like fuel starvation.
Would it really be fuel starving? The backfire is on deceleration, as if fuel is pooling. IE not starving.

I checked all the lines and the fuel filter.
I also poured only a small amount the first time to make sure it was pumping the fuel around.

I going to keep going through it. I was just was wondering if it was something I had not thought of yet

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Backfires can come from being lean too. Check the fuel connectors are compatible and flowing. I presume you bench tested the pump prior to using it?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Would it really be fuel starving? The backfire is on deceleration, as if fuel is pooling. IE not starving.

I checked all the lines and the fuel filter.
I also poured only a small amount the first time to make sure it was pumping the fuel around.

I going to keep going through it. I was just was wondering if it was something I had not thought of yet
You would have to bet it was the pump assembly (most likely the pump) if you hadn't played with anything else. Did you play with anything else?

How long was the bike sitting before you put it back together?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts