MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post here! I discovered the forum while researching the F4 750 prior to purchase, I've been browsing here for 4 hours, 5 cups of tea and a box of brownies :) it's a great (and friendly) resource my compliments.

As the topic suggests I've narrowed my search down to two bikes. I'm actually based in Ireland but I'm converting to dolla bills so americans won't get confused :laughing:

The first bike is a risk: eBay, aftermarket (blue flame) exhaust, painted wheels (gold, in fairness looks well, like the serie oro), polished bits, tinted screen. I asked the guy about rear brake problems and he said he had none. Then I realised his username on eBay is the same as his username here! Yes, I found his info here and it's very revealing!! I won't name the guy but the bike has been dropped, knackering the rear brake, and scraping the rhs mirror and fairing a bit. However he sounds like he loves the bike and everything else is spot on. I can live with all this if I get it for the right price (I think). It is due a major service though.

Bike number two is a minter, like new, from a dealer. Major service just done. tinted screen. Evo 3. warranty. Untouched otherwise.

both have around 7000 miles (11000 K )

Is the risk worth half the price tag? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this one as a (very likely) soon to be F4S owner! Thanks

:yo:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
May I ask how much is a 2005 or 2006 F41000S in Ireland or England? Because in American dollars $16,200 USD is very close to what dealers in the U.S. are discounting 2005/2006 F41000S. They go for around $18000 USD if you negotiate.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
EVO 3 is a bit high in price. The '01 dropped could be a steal if the damage is just visual on fairings and such. Add in a big service and it is still quite a good deal. The rear brake "issues" aren't really that big of an issue. Just something some italian bikes face. I wouldn't hold it against the owner!!

The EVO 3, like allan has stated, is high. High enough to be a bit more than what an SPR (last generation MV 750 F4) would go for. It is also inching towards the f4 1000 S prices since they are being replaced with the R. Superb machines, and a great price for what some people here are getting from dealers.

If you could get the EVO 3 dropped to say, well under 15 (14, 13...) that would be something to eye.... no matter how great the condition is.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Allan, I'm afraid I don't know, there are no MV's for sale in Ireland at the moment! A '01 F4 750 sold for €14000 the other week ($18000 I kid you not) the dealer claimed it's a limited edition but I couldn't see any distinctive markings, I have a feeling they meant MV is a limited production marque. See for yourself

The way forward is to get a good deal in the UK or mainland europe and ship it / ride it home, which is what I'm at. Then if you need to you can sell it for a fortune! The theory is nice but like I say there isn't one MV for sale in Ireland now so I'm not sure if there's a market here - except for me that is!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would always go with the later model MV, as they are always being improved....

in the F4750 series, I'd consider either an SPR or the SR (last of the F4750 models).

But I have seen good F41000 bikes for really competitive prices too.....

Just my view.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts