MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybodyknow where I can find the performance times of the Brutale? I can't seem to find anything....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although, numbers aren't "absolute"...they don't lie. But who the hell buys a bike based on numbers?

I just was wondering them as somebody on the R6 board said there was no way a Brutale could keep up with an R6 or GSXR 750.....just wanting to see driver error...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
oicdn said:
Although, numbers aren't "absolute"...they don't lie. But who the hell buys a bike based on numbers?

I just was wondering them as somebody on the R6 board said there was no way a Brutale could keep up with an R6 or GSXR 750.....just wanting to see driver error...
Yeah, that's not true at all. A 750 runs about even with a GSXR of the same year, and beats pretty much any 600 (given equal conditions, same rider, straight-line).

But who cares about straight line? If you want that, buy a V-Max :loser:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I totally agree with Fazer6 regarding that the Brutale is faster than R6 and the others.

Last year in the autumn I did some street race (half a quarter mile) and beat several R6 and GSX600, they all had some tuning done, my Brutale 750 was original. I don`t think those japanese horsepower are all that real....
If they where, they should all have beaten me :)

I had alot fun racing, and my Brutale got lots of attention beating those Japanese :toothless
 

·
The Dude
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
ok, i have to ask.... any word on the 910 numbers?

<just curious, i have trouble operating a stopwatch while riding> :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
brutale said:
I totally agree with Fazer6 regarding that the Brutale is faster than R6 and the others.

Last year in the autumn I did some street race (half a quarter mile) and beat several R6 and GSX600, they all had some tuning done, my Brutale 750 was original. I don`t think those japanese horsepower are all that real....
If they where, they should all have beaten me :)

I had alot fun racing, and my Brutale got lots of attention beating those Japanese :toothless
Bike racing is almost 95% rider. I'm very light weight and I could beat other guys riding 1000's on my 600cc cbr. I did this all the time!!! My old 97CBR with me on [email protected] I was able to run a 10.98 with no correction for alt or temp. It was 78 and humid out at about 700 ft above sea leavel. So, glad to see you beat the jap nikes but, dont try me!!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
NOMOEVO said:
Bike racing is almost 95% rider. I'm very light weight and I could beat other guys riding 1000's on my 600cc cbr. I did this all the time!!! My old 97CBR with me on [email protected] I was able to run a 10.98 with no correction for alt or temp. It was 78 and humid out at about 700 ft above sea leavel. So, glad to see you beat the jap nikes but, dont try me!!! :eek:
You`re right about that, light weight is important, and you need much practise on the start, if you are a little bit late in the start, you will be outrunned. I was pretty slow there, maybe because it was my first time or just because I`m old and slow :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I can appreciate the interest of 0-60 times when selecting a rocket ship for ones self. A really fast bike can seemingly bend the Space Time Continuum. Experiencing tunnel vision when rolling the throttle to the lock is a measure of rapid acceleration. The first time I experienced this was aboard a 2002 GSXR 750. That bike pulled harder than the 05 R1 I traded in for the 910s I ride now, witch is a very satisfying bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
One thing's for sure, all hair splitting aside, a Brutale, even a Brutale 750, can definitely hang with a GSXR600, or 750, in a drag race to 60mph. Gearing, rider weight, and experience off the line all play a much bigger factor than the bikes in this case.

Going to 100mph the Brutale would be at an aerodynamic disadvantage that really begins to show itself over 80mph.

I found I could regularly dust people on my old Ducati M900 because it had such good torque and off-the-line-grunt, and I had good throttle and clutch control from lots of motocross starts. But against an equally skilled rider, or over 60mph it would get pulled by the fast fours.

Rider skill is just a huge factor. The impatient will wheelie and panic, the over-cautious will not react quick enough or spin it up fast enough. It's really hard to walk that line. Really hard.
 

·
The Dude
Joined
·
5,041 Posts
Thanks JCM for the graph..... I'll print it out for my friend on an S4R.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
given a perfect rider,

0-60 mostly depends on wheel base, not on HP. hell, even my sv-650 with 70HP goes 0-60 in nearly the same time as my brutale 910S. the limiting factor is how easily the bike wheelies/loops, which depends directly on wheel base length.

60-100 depend on HP and a little on drag resistance.

100+ depends on drag resistance and HP equally.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top