MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   General Talk and Media (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/)
-   -   asian bikes versus italian (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/653-asian-bikes-versus-italian.html)

tdc85 03-09-2006 04:22 PM

asian bikes versus italian

I was told by a unamed person with one of the bike factories,that asian bikes are built for average Americans in (height),and italian bikes are built for Euros who are shorter. I wonder the truth in this but if you read different motoycle mags.taller testers usually find fault in comfort.Maybe there not adjusting the pegs ect... I am not saying this is true,i dont even know if americans are taller I know i am not. tom

Maximum Velocity 03-09-2006 04:25 PM

What euro's are shorter? Imo they are taller than Americans. At least... the Dutch are...

ARCHILLE 03-09-2006 04:29 PM

I am not sure about the Euros but the US ergonomics are setup for a typical American male of 5'9". (Thanks God for aftermarket rearsets :king: )

rsduce 03-09-2006 04:46 PM

Ah, Im American and 6' tall and they dont fit me, so I dont know where that comes from :rolleyes:

MV-999R 03-09-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity
At least... the Dutch are...

Yeah, those fucking giants.... :flickoff: :toothless

alvin 03-09-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsduce
Ah, Im American and 6' tall and they dont fit me, so I dont know where that comes from :rolleyes:

What bikes do fit for you. Had any probs w/MVs?

MV-999R 03-09-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin

Alvin, he's from Florida, so he's a lot different from you, being from Cali :toothless

rsduce 03-09-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin

Its no lazy boy, but I love my Brutale!:smoking: I did ride my buddys Buell XB12R the other day, I felt like a monkey f***king a football or a bear riding a tri-cycle :laughing: I feel more comfortable on f4's than that buell. I have had several monsters, M750, M900, M900S, BMW Dakar and they all fit just fine. Next on the list is an F4 1000, hopefully.

outtadaloop 03-09-2006 05:03 PM

I have found that both my Gixxers and my R1 were lower than my MV... I've never fiddled with the stock settings on any bike.

rsduce 03-09-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MV-999R
Alvin, he's from Florida, so he's a lot different from you, being from Cali :toothless

Yea, its pretty flat here! You know its bad when you ride an hour to a look for a road that your heard had some curves in it! :laughing:
Ah yes, CA, Spent some time at Camp Pendleton!
And remember, I may live in Florida, but Im from Chicago!